Lloyds TSB CCA Letter - No reply

who_is_she
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4257 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone,

I am fairly new to this forum. So, I hope i have posted this in the correct place.

Advice needed please!

I am currently and have been a Lloyds TBS customer since the age of 17 - I am now 50 years young.

I wrote a CCA letter to Lloyds TSB and enclosed a cheque for £1.00 and asked them for copies of 3 loan credit agreements which I took out out in 1989, 1997 and 1998 respectively. The 12 days + 2 days has now passed.

I do not have any details further details on the loans apart from the loan agreement numbers. I do remember however, that the person issuing the loan insisted I took out insurance - or they implied I would not get the loans etc.

My question is - what do I do now?

Do I send a SAR letter?

Any advice will be appreciated.

I know these loans are historic - however, I have only recently remembered I had these and went into a Lloyds branch and asked them to check to see if I had any loans in the past and the person behind the counter albeit begrudgingly looked up the dates and loan numbers.

Thank you.

If these loans are paid off in full ( which I assume they are given the dates you mention) then a CCA request will not have any value as they are not obliged to comply.

SAR would be the tool to use but again, due to the passage of time, they may have destroyed the paperwork.

Might be worth a tenner to find out though.

You mention insurance so is this to do with a PPI claim or for some other reason?

Hi,

Are all these loans settled? If so, lloyds do not have to send you the agreements.

You would have been better off sending the SAR letter, but they well hide behind the Statue of Limitations.

When did you finish the last payment?

Did you happen to write down the loan agreement numbers that the bank gave you. This really may open a can of worms if they come back and say they cannot retrive the info you asked for in your SAR request, but the local branch happened to have it.

Jogs

I had a car loan from TSB in April 86. I too remember being told it was best for me to take insurance (PPI) to ensure I would be accepted. This really was the norm at the time, even though I was a 'job for life' programmer in the civil service.

Realistically there is no way they will have records as old as this, and the only way to do anything with old loans would be to produce the agreement or show the payments.

I see you have successfully started the thread and have some excellent replies :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I have a SAR letter ready to send - which I will do tomorrow.

I did write to them with the loan agreement numbers and gave them the dates I took out the loans - I did not tell them I was given the numbers by one of their employees.

When I say insurance I mean PPI.

To be honest I do not think I have a hope in hell of getting any PPI back - but I thought it would be worth a try.

Thank you for your responses.

I will keep you updated as to how I progress with this issue.

If you have only just become aware that you might have been mis sold PPI then you can make a claim.

There is absolutely nothing to lose and everything to gain :)

We have had many caggers advise that their accounts were dated around the time of yours so, good luck :)

Send your Request by a tracked method .. either Special or recorded delivery.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

and, if no info is forthcoming could consider doing an 'official' ppi claim anyway? they are obliged to investigate on receipt, and you will have some idea then of what sort of response they are likely to take.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update.

I received a letter from Lloyds Tsb in response to my letter for CCA agreements for the 3 loans I had.

Their response was totally STUPID!

They said ..... "you have asked us to pay money into a product we do not manage" - and asked me to pay the £1.00 which was for the CCA agreements to Lloyds TSB (a/c HPES).

I have now sent a SAR letter to Lloyds TSB and await their response.

They will find all sorts of reasons for stalling.. and that is a new one !!

BCOBS

• 2 months later...

It has taken Lloydstsb months to respond to my SAR letter - a large package finally arrived last week.

So, from the information provided by them - I have in the past taken out 3 loans with Lloydstsb - two of these have ppi insurance added - loan 1 - £2,000 over 24 months - the copy of the screen shot provided said it was taken out WITH insurance but does NOT say how much the insurance was for - is or was this a typical practice?

Could someone explain the difference in the insurance - if there is one - as I will need to be clear about this when I write to Lloydstsb.

Loan 2 - was for £2,700 over 36 months and states the insurance premium was for the amount of £319.00.

I was aware that one of the loans had PPI - and i do remember at the time being told that I could not have the loan without the insurance - however, I was not aware of the PPI on the first loan (amount £2,000).

My questions:

Do I treat these as separate claims and fill in two FOS questionaires?

Is there a template letter available?

Do I need to do the calculations of what I think I am owed.

Thank you for taking the time to read this post.

Were they stand alone loans or did one of them refinance the other?

If the former then 1 questionnaire for each loan, if the latter then its one questionnaire for the two loans.

Did they send you copy statements/transaction history on the loans?

You don't need a template letter (and there isn't one), you will just need a simple covering letter as all the meat will be given in the questionnaire(s).

Hi there,

They were stand alone loans - so I will fill in two questionaires.

The only info sent to me via a SARS request was the screen shots of the loan pages - I guess they still have these as I am a current LLOYDSTSB customer.

The print of the screen shot does not even give the date/s the loans were taken out - so the info I have is minimal - I will still proceed with the two claims and see what happens.