Can you be in the support group for esa and still work ? i do not understand this ?

jacob18
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4355 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Lilythepink, ESA has replaced any other sickness benefit. If you have been advised to claim it then do so. It is what it is there for. Not to do so all but invalidates your other points. It is not just for long term illness and when you are well enough to return to your job then you do so.

jacob18, I don't follow your complaints ...

I can see how it is confusing though, when ESA seems to be applying a fitness for work ethos it is then also contradicting itself by having some working whilst still on the benefit and others really too sick for full time work being forced to conform to the JSA WP system when perhaps being eased into work by being permitted to look for part time work, and allowed to see how it goes, would be the sensible way to go?

And now workers like Liliythepink are also confused because it is the benefit used for those whose SSP or somesuch ends or reduces etc and I am sure I have read of some who fail WCA and are meant to claim JSA but already have a job to which they will return!!! If it wasn't so stressful and awful it would be laughable.......

It has been noted on a separate thread and may be worth mentioning here, people whose SSP has ended or who work part time and have no SSP available, and are still employed but too ill to work, are being advised to claim ESA....I am not srue exactly how that works and it certainly complicates it if they fail WCA!!!

Just think that those who are suddenly being thrust onto JSA having been ill for a while would have benefitted from something that allowed for part-time and trial working to be sought first and the WRAG would then be for those not quite ready for that....and and then the Support group...where the support is of a practical and not work related nature.....

I am not being funny or anything as nobody is having more grief than i am , however i am not fit enough to work so how can i be expected to go to an atos interview and say i work part time year in and year out ? I do not understand this , i know people who do this ? I have claimed for two years, so is all alien to me? People on the old system then can still get away with this ? i guess ? can they ?

Your in the ESA Support group http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?357450-Can-you-be-in-the-support-group-for-esa-and-still-work-i-do-not-understand-this

I have not claimed eas before but I won my tribunal , I am in the support group , but then no apps from job centre etc ? Now they say I haven declared capital , I have none by the way ! I think this is harassment to be truthful , is there something I am missing in this back to work group that I am not aware of , I do know of people who claim this and work , and I think they are allowed. so can someone explain this to me please ?:mad2: Any information would be helpful , thanks in advance.

Your confusing Everyone by running 2 Threads

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...

Threads merged. Jacob18, please do not start multiple threads for the same consumer issue. Thanks.

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)