Can I get CCJ set aside

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4361 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've recently found out I have a CCJ against me. I live in the Australia & my parents have been contacted by Bailiffs.

When we left the UK we were in a certain amount of debt & simply didn't have the funds to service the debt & once we arrived out in Aus we went from double to single income, so couldn't even think or repaying. Now a few years down the line we have just put a deposit down on a house so have no funds what so ever to pay debts in the UK.

So my question is, does the fact we ran away from the debt & didn't inform any of our creditors of where we were heading, now mean we cannot get the CCJ put aside?

So my question is, does the fact we ran away from the debt & didn't inform any of our creditors of where we were heading, now mean we cannot get the CCJ put aside?
No it doesn't stop you getting it set-aside, but it is imperative that you do so now because if they become aware of your whereabouts they can apply to an Oz court for permission to enforce & they will be highly likely to succeed.

However if you get it set-aside it means they have to apply for judgment in Oz your country of residence & a Oz court would be highly unlikely to accept jurisdiction.

No it doesn't stop you getting it set-aside, but it is imperative that you do so now because if they become aware of your whereabouts they can apply to an Oz court for permission to enforce & they will be highly likely to succeed.

However if you get it set-aside it means they have to apply for judgment in Oz your country of residence & a Oz court would be highly unlikely to accept jurisdiction.

How likely is it to be set aside?

And can someone please post a link on how to go about it.

If you were not a resident in the UK is reason enough, particularly if you can prove it.

You need to fill in a N244 which you can find here http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyTaxAndBenefits/ManagingDebt/Respondingtoacourtclaimformoney/DG_195867 & will cost about £90 IIRC, about half way down the page.