Royal mail have lost multiple parcels for me AGAIN...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4338 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys,

Im a regular ebay buyer. From spare fuses, to more expensive items (car body parts / TVs ETC). When i first moved into my property I had LOADS of items go missing... Royal mail were no help for me, but I got my money back / item delivered by following eBay / PayPal resolution scheme.

I told my local delivery office "DO NOT LEAVE PARCELS OUTSIDE, REDCARD ME AND I WILL COLLECT THEM." for about six months everything appeared to go ok.

Then I began to loose odd items in the post (credit card statements / bank statements / ETC) so i got in touch with royal mail again, and once again, no help, so i changed to eStatements because I dont want my info getting into the wrong hands...

Now recently, LOTS of purchases have gone astray. Two signed items have been "delivered" with a signature, but not mine, or my wifes. and always when we are home.

However these items have been delivered from not my delivery office, but one in Lower Quinton. (about 12 miles away).

Now I know my road name, is the same as that of one in lower quinton, with a very simular post code (just a number difference) IE: XXX 6XX to XXX 5XX.

So, I sent royal mail the following via their online form on 22.6.12.

22.06.12 - 7am

(my name and address)

Dear Sir / Madam

It appears that once again, I am in need to open yet another FORMAL COMPLAINT in regards to missing mail. I would like this message to be escalated to your "Escalated Customer Resolution Team" - on the basis of the fact I have raised numerous complaints with yourselves in the past, for the same problem.

In regards to two packages in particular, both signed packages...

XXXX and XXXXX

These packages have not been recieved by myself? yet both are signed for? and neither of which are my signature.

Please check other deliveries to my home address. and verify the signatures.

I would like this to be opened as a formal investigation as to what is happening with my mail... From your system you will see I have raised a number of complaints in the past in regards to missing mail. This never happened (as far as I am aware) when i lived in (old address here)... It is simply since I moved into (new address here) that I have had numerous items go missing - bank cards, pin numbers, packages. Never before have I had a problem with signed packages.

This is becoming BEYOND A JOKE... Royal Mail as a company need to book up IDEAS.

I see from the signed strip online (track and trace), that the delivery for package xxxxx took place at 12 midday. I was at home, with my wife at this time - and no postman came to my door and gave any packages.

Again, this is absolutely disgusting that my mail appears to be going missing yet again, and to add insult, when extra is paid for a recorded service, even that mail goes missing...

Again, A FORMAL INVESTIGATION... Talk to the delivery guy who delivered both of these packages... Which route does he work on? My mail is delivered from Stratford upon Avon office... I notice on the royal mail website that these packages were delivered from the LOWER QUINTON sorting office. Now, there is a (my road name) in lower quinton. Did these packages get delivered to the wrong address?

I would expect a formal reply to this message ASAP. You can either email ME @MY.COM, or post a reply out to myself at the above address... Also, if required, you could call me on XXXXXXXX for further info between 10am and 2pm, but I would also require a FORMAL WRITTEN RESPONSE.

Yours

Wayne P.

I got sick of waiting for a reply to this, (other than the automated response) so sent the following email:

6/7/12

Subject: Fw: Royal Mail Enquiry Ref: xxx From: Wayne P ... To: onlinepostage @royalmail.com; Cc: Bcc: Date: Friday, 6 July 2012, 0:33

further to this email

what is happening about my complaint raised... Royal Mail Enquiry Ref: RMXXXX

its now 6th july, and no reply from your team about missing items...

where is customer service here?

absolutely disgusting"!!!

to which i recieved

Subject: Re: Your enquiry, reference number RMxxxx From: gemsnoreply @royalmail.com (gemsnoreply @royalmail.com) To: email... Cc: Bcc: Date: Friday, 6 July 2012, 10:22

*****************************************************************************************************************************

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Please do not reply to this email, it has been automatically generated by our email system. If you do need to get in touch, please use the contact links below:

www.royalmail.com/contactus

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

*****************************************************************************************************************************

Dear Mr P.

Thank you for your further email regarding the problems you have experienced with various items of mail that have not been delivered. Please accept my apologies for the length of time taken to respond to your complaint.

In order to resolve your complaint, I have once again forwarded your email to our escalation team who will contact you directly once their enquiries are complete.

Please accept my apologies once again for the inconvenience this matter has caused and if we can help further, please contact us.

Regards

Mark Fleming

Customer Service Advisor

So after recieving this, i called up royal mail, to speak to them in person...

I got through to a very arrogant lady, stating they are investigating... I said, well since the 22nd June is well over 14 days... she then said... it was only opened up on 4th july... her name was "Maire".

I find it absolutely disgusting that Royal Mail can treat / speak to customers the way they do.

I have had about 8 items go missing over the last month (a set of LED lights, Some mud flaps, computer connectors, brake pedal covers, car radio adapter harness [this item costs £40 in shops, butt the seller had "old stock" to clear so managed to get it for £20... but cant get it for less than £40 now... so as i cant afford it had to opt for just a converter cable without canbus controls.])

I contacted the sellers, and two sent items no quibbles and filed rm compensation claims, the signed deliveries are in dispute (as you would expect) and ive had an intl item from lithuania that went missing on arrival in the uk....

im disgusted, that as I am paying for services (i pay delivery charges although sellers are the "Customers"" of royal mail, as the reciepient i am also a customer) Royal Mail appear not to Give A S...,

I asked to speak to a manager today, they "are all busy on another line" but I got promised a call back within an hour... no sign yet)

I can list back over the past 12 months numerous items that I contacted the seller asking "when is it due" recieved no reply, and the next day it arrived - I am unsure as to weather these are replacements or simply a delayed item.

but to have signed items undelivered???

Hi guys,

I find it absolutely disgusting that Royal Mail can treat / speak to customers the way they do.

I have had about 8 items go missing over the last month (a set of LED lights, Some mud flaps, computer connectors, brake pedal covers, car radio adapter harness [this item costs £40 in shops, butt the seller had "old stock" to clear so managed to get it for £20... but cant get it for less than £40 now... so as i cant afford it had to opt for just a converter cable without canbus controls.])

I can list back over the past 12 months numerous items that I contacted the seller asking "when is it due" recieved no reply, and the next day it arrived - I am unsure as to weather these are replacements or simply a delayed item.

but to have signed items undelivered???

Hi, you have probably sorted this (hopefully) by now, but if not Copy and paste your experience into an email on Watchdog on the BBC website. (watchdog/gotastory/) - you can either complete the web form or there is a link to send them an email if you want to include attachments).

They have been doing a lot on them recently and the more complaints they get - the more likely they will get some investigators onto it.

Your parcel like 250 of mine has probably ended up being sold of at auctionlink3.gif, making RM almost a million last year - ( I can't post links yet but if you go to the BBC site, there is an article /news /uk-politics-14785851 - or the heading is "How Much Does Royal Mail Maike From Undelivered Parcels?". When you see how much they are making from auctioning off undelivered items, along with postage paid, it's making them a fortune - no wonder they have recently announced that they are now in the black, there seems to be almost an incentive for them not to deliver. [edit]

amazingly. no response from royal mail, sent them another email chasing them up...

i didnt get my promised call back within an hour, or even still not yet at all...

i find it disgusting...

what else i find disgusting is that I had a parcel redelivered to my car's dealer (some parts) with "not known at this address" on the parcel... so obviously, they are delivering to the wrong address...

if you can post the URL without the http www

ie: bbc.co.uk/xxxxx/xxxx then it would help a lot...

i can see about 3 others having my problem on this here recently too.

also, considering i opened my complaint on 22.6.12... surely this should be able to take to the postal complaints panel now, considering no response has been made?

is there a time limit? and how do i do such a thing? cheers...

also, considering i opened my complaint on 22.6.12... surely this should be able to take to the postal complaints panel now, considering no response has been made?

is there a time limit? and how do i do such a thing? cheers...

If you want FAST contact - go on Twitter and find Royal Mail. Then post your complaint for all the world to see and they respond pretty quickly! They usually ask you to DM (Direct Message) them with additional details.

Not sure what the timescale is re RM complaints handling - you will find that on the their site.

The other sites to go to are postrs.org.uk/ or consumerfocus.org.uk/get-advice/post/post-advice/how-to-complain

Good luck!

hi guys,

an update@

multiple phone calls/emails, finnaly got through to ECRT...

the guy was as arrogant as the others saying "well theres nothing we can do about it for you... you need to chase the sender for a refund and THEY will have to file for compensation claim from us..." I repeated that im not happy with my mail going missing etc...

stated specific items that have gone, along with a package that got returned to sender and marked "not known" etc... so obviously they are going to the wrong address...

he said they will investigate again... so unhappy with this response, i have sent further emails to moya.greene@royalmail.com

and stated i will be contacting the postal review panel (one stage before PostRS on their complaints proceedure - which i can contact at any point after submitting a complaint) - who are ringfenced outside of Royalmail to handle these complaints...

i got a response from her (or her team) saying she has asked one of her senior CS team to investigate this, and got an email from the team member about 30 mins later saying she would need around 7 working days to investigate, etc...

lets see what happens...

- the most annoying thing is, ive practically been called a theif by one ebay seller, saying he posted it, and theres no chance of him posting again... I even gave him my RM reference no, which to contact royal mail with, which this guy from ECRT said was a note stating the items are considered lost... and he cannot tell who delivered the items, they have spoken to the local delivery office and claim they have a fault with the pads for the signatures... I stated "Well how the hell is there a signature on my tracking number?"

I then went on to state about postcodes being the unique identifiers which need to be on packages etc... as mine was... he said "well packages are sorted by hand, and in the end its down to the postman to check the postcode/address when he delivers it.

amazingly i have spoken to a couple of my neighbours and they have the same issues... only they recieve mail from up in lower quinton etc... - and another friend recieves mail from people in Ettington...

amazing that so much mail gets missdelivered...

Good on you for keeping at them! I fear that your complaints are falling on deaf ears with RM staff, their customer service doesn't exist, private companies would not tolerate some of their behavious. If this was any other company in the UK, Trading Standards would have stopped them from trading.

But when they make almost £1million from auctioning off undelivered parcels which have, in effect, been donated to robbery mail and you have even paid the postage to donate - wouldn't it make sense to not deliver all of the parcels? What a nice little earner!

Good on you for keeping at them! I fear that your complaints are falling on deaf ears with RM staff, their customer service doesn't exist, private companies would not tolerate some of their behavious. If this was any other company in the UK, Trading Standards would have stopped them from trading.

But when they make almost £1million from auctioning off undelivered parcels which have, in effect, been donated to robbery mail and you have even paid the postage to donate - wouldn't it make sense to not deliver all of the parcels? What a nice little earner!

WHOOPS! Sorry, meant to change the font size before sending last post! :oops:

WHOOPS! Sorry, meant to change the font size before sending last post! :oops:

you can click on "Edit Post" below the post to edit it :)

but i hear what your saying, Again, i know i can be compensated for missing parcels from ebay, but when its things with personal info, thats what the problem is...

I open all post to my house, and rarely look who it is addressed to (if i didnt the mrs wouldnt check her mail ETC) - so i imagine others are like me... but if somebody gets my card then a day later the pin number... whats stopping them cleaning me out, esp since if they use the pin, im not covered by the bank? right?

RM dont seem to get this...

you can click on "Edit Post" below the post to edit it :)

but i hear what your saying, Again, i know i can be compensated for missing parcels from ebay, but when its things with personal info, thats what the problem is...

I open all post to my house, and rarely look who it is addressed to (if i didnt the mrs wouldnt check her mail ETC) - so i imagine others are like me... but if somebody gets my card then a day later the pin number... whats stopping them cleaning me out, esp since if they use the pin, im not covered by the bank? right?

RM dont seem to get this...

I agree - and sometimes it's the postie who takes the mail! I think you are covered by your bank if you didn't receive the post (many of them use TNT now for reliability), but not before going through an awful lot of hassle to prove it! RM never ring the doorbell to ask for a signature for recorded delivery, they just post it through the door with the rest of the post. My cheque book went missing a few months back and the fraud dept of my bank phoned me for verification due to unusual activity - a cheque for just under £10k! It was almost laughable due to the financial position RM have left me in, there was no way the bank would honour the cheque! I have instructed my bank to send everything to my local branch and I will collect it from there.

However, when you are not expecting things to arrive and they go missing, hence you don't know that they have gone astray leaves you wide open to identity theft - there is nothing you can do about it and to be honest, RM REALLY don't care as they have the monopoly and many companies don't realise that they have any choice. RM are so unreliable that they are not fit for purpose.

If you are sending parcels - a new service called Collect+ is brilliant, £3.49 for up to 10kg, up to £50 insurance - you drop it off at a local shop, the recipient can track it all the way, they pick it up from their local shop (in shop opening hours often until 10pm). The best bit is, they have a code sent by text to their mobile which they have to give to collect the parcel - so no more (some [problem]) eBayers saying it hasn't arrived! I often ask sellers if they will use this in preference to RM and I will pay the extra, most do and are thankful for introducing them to it.

collect+? never heard of it? but ...

my bank (barclays) said they cannot deliver to branch. not bad on the 10k chq though, some people can be so dumb, im sure the police are investigating the payee?