1st Credit, reporting to FOS

tibar
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4357 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there, first post but been looking on here for some time and found lots of help.

I have been chased by 1st Credit for a disputed debt.

I requested a CCA and was sent a barely legible application form with no sig and no terms and conditions.

They have continued with home visit threats and phone calls even after a recorded delivery letter stating that I do not acknowledge the debt and will only discuss in writing,

I also stated clearly that I did not wish for a visit.

This has led to me asking for their complaints procedure and telling them I am going to report them to the FOS for breaching OFT guidelines.

They have replied stating that as I have not acknowledged the debt I am not considered a 1st Credit customer and therefore can not complain to the FOS. Is this correct?

I have replied to them asking what exactly constitutes a 1st Credit customer and await the reply.

Just wondered if anybody has encountered this problem.

Many thanks and regards.

tibar

Many thanks, I will report to OFT. I wanted to report 1st Credit to the FOS because I have read somewhere that if they investigate they charge the company. Just wanted to know if 1st Credit are correct in stating that I can not do so as I am not considered a customer..

is this debt on your CRA file?

any reclaiming to do?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yes it is on the file but not under 1st Credit although they say they now own the debt.

It is faily old but not SB.

It has turned up and I am almost sure it is not mine.

I was on a DMP with CCCS and this was not included and I was diligent in listing all the debts.

I am paying my other debts and am now running my own DMP

but this one is in dispute and I just want them off my back.

Since my last letter to them stating that I fully intend to report them they seem to have backed off

so all should be well

however I do still want to report them as their attitude and total disregard of OFT guidelines makes me sick.

The many threats of a home visit left me anxious as my Mother In Law was staying with us and she is far from well,

I knew it was almost certainly empty threats but the fear was always there.

No there does not seem to be any reclaiming,

I have never made a payment as far as I know,

there were alot of debts and I might have missed this one as I was very stressed at the time but I dont think so.

Regards. -- tibar

if its not your debt

what is it doing on your CRA file?

who is listed as the OC then?

i'd report this as fraud to them

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Original Creditor is BOS, I have one debt with them and am slowly paying it off, almost sure I did not have two cards. Requested a CCA from BOS and received nothing whatsoever then aprox two years later 1st Credit came along. I told them I had asked for a CCA and had not received one, they then sent a mostly illegible copy of an application form with no sig etc.