Credit File Data

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4373 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sometime ago a friend was unable to pay his debts and took advice in how to deal with them.

After much time the status ended up being that some where being paid and some where not.

Around 5 years have now passed, and I advised him to do a search on his credit file to see what was showing.

Unsurprisingly all three showed different data sets, though what caught my eye was the information that Equifax and Call Credit displayed.

I presume at some point the debts had been sold to third parties; Cabot Finance, Arrow Global, Aktiv Kapital and Capquest Investments from the original suppliers.

My concern was the date of default information, I have read on here that you can't have the information on a credit file twice, it is either the original supplier or the third party that the debt was sold to must display the information.

While this isn't a major concern in this instance (only with one) my concern arises on the following points:

1. If a debt is Defaulted by the original supplier once, it cannot be Defaulted again when sold with a different date?

2. If the debt was sold what date should be published on the credit file as the Default date?

3. If payments are made towards a card and then cease what default date should be published, original when a lesser amount of the debt was paid or the date when the payments stopped completely?

There can only be one default and one default

date on any debt.

1.The ''new owner'' of a debt must up date CRA files

with their information BUT THE DEFAULT DATE

MUST REMAIN THE SAME.

2. The original default date.

3.As said 1 default date a debt cannot be defaulted twice

and the date changed.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: