No default notices received - straight to final demand!

sherrine88
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4364 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This is the second time I've had issues with Swinton! Once this is sorted I will never use them again!

It's regarding home contents insurance. As far as I was aware the direct debit was set up and being paid. Received final demand notice for just over £169 from debt collection agency LFS. I phoned them up enquiring why I had been sent a final demand (bank cancelled direct debit in April apparently) when I havent received any default notices to try and rectify the issue before DCA needed to be involved. Explained this to the very unhelpful customer service assistant who told me I need to take that issue up with royal mail but it doesn't change the fact that I owe that amount!

What do you advise?

Thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...

Get in touch with the folks that caused this..........Swinton, the dca won't want to help as all they care about is their commission, you need to find out why Swinton has done this as it sounds like you thought you were insured but haven't been, wtf would have happened if you'd have needed to make a claim what would have happened then?