no will - intestate . property inheritance

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4381 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi .

My father sadly died in September 2011 and did not leave a will, his estate consisted of the family home where my mother still resides , and our grandparents former home which was inherited from my grandparents and jointly owned by my father and his sister and which has been rented out for the last 20 years. We (my mother , and 2 sisters) had to apply for a grant of letters of administration and signed the estate over to my mother and presumed my mother would have owned my fathers half share of my grandparents home . However , when looking through my fathers documents we have found the will of my grandfather which states on my fathers death his half of the property passes down to his children - which is myself, and 2 sisters.

The question I need answering is - now that we have signed my fathers estate over to my mum is my grandfathers will now null and void. or do/ can we still inherit his share of the property ?

Hope this makes sense.

thank you