Are they really allowed to change my hours

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4381 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, This is for a friend, She has worked for the company for 14yrs, Her working tax credit has stopped as you now have to do in excess of 24hrs per week and not 16 like she does now.

So all hours are pretty valuable to her, this is happening to a few people at her place of work, I'm not sure if it's all legal and a above board, I can understand the downturn in work by asking staff to reduce hours until further notice, most would accept to keep the job, but they want her to sign a new contract, plus reduce her from 16hrs to 12hrs, and the threat of not signing and been reengaged elsewhere, she asked to stay on the 16 hrs, but for the other 4 hrs they say she can travel 20 miles away to do them, which really is not viable as it would incur more cost in travel!

Plus the re-engagement elsewhere is the place 20miles away.

I must also make you aware that the company know that she also helps look after her father who is ill at the moment, and has been on and off for the last year.

So looking at the letter and new contract, does she really have any case to argue!

Thanks in advance as per usual!

Edited by ims21
Company Name Showing

I think, Now I am not 100% sure. But they can change your working hours to anything up-to the minimum contracted hours when she signed the contract. So for instance if she signed to work for the company on base hourly rate a week of 24 they can not drop her hours below this. But hopefully someone can clarify this.

Has she checked the contract she signed?