Statutroy Demand from Connaught / 1st Credit

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4375 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I also have just received a statutory demand for my husband from 1st credit / connaught collections and i am panicking so much so i can remember how to start a new thread.

The notice was served by interlink putting through my door. the delivery driver then banged on the door to wake me up and got me to sign for it. unfortunatly my initials are the same as my husbands ( GROAN)....

Hi Jo......can you tell us a little more please ? but don't be too specific about dates / amounts etc.

1st things first, you should send off for a CCA (have a look at my signature if you don't know what this is) and then a SAR to the original creditor, CCA costs £1 (send postal order and send recorded delivery) and SAR will cost £10 (again send a postal order and send recorded)

Hi I hope someone can help I have received today via Interlink express a Statutory Demand for £6504.11 from 1st credit / Connaught Collections.

I was asked to sign for this package in my husbands name even though it clearly states that it must be signed for by the addressee only. I wouldn't have signed for it but eh delivery driver had already posted it through my front door and then subsequently knocked on the door till i answered. Both my husband and i have the same initials.

This demand is for a debt from nearly 6 years ago and i cannot remember the last time we had any contact with the original creditor AA Credit Card Services.

I have called the delivery company and told them to come and collect the package as it should never have been left with me let alone getting me to sign for it at his time i am still waiting some 3 hours later.

Can anyone tell me how to deal with this situation?

At this moment i am very worried

I wouldn't even try to get them to take back the package as although you are not the named person, unless you are estranged from your husband or separated (and even this may not be enough) then with you signing then it will be as good as served.

Sadly life events change relationships however and separation is one of the consequences, and yes it is unfortunate that we have the same initials but our middle names are different :) i have my husband to send the letters as advised so hopefully you never know

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you :) i have also downloaded forms 6.4 and 6.5 to have this debt set aside.

However i'm no legal expert and they are very confusing, does anyone have any input as to how to complete this form?

If the court disallows this application can you tell me what the process is from there?

do the court send out any documents such as a financial analysis and offer of payments or do they automatically go for the sale of house or bankruptcy

Edited by jobeeat
more information needed