Lloyds Bank and Moorcroft

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4385 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone

I have been searching around this forum for a few days as a guest and have been amazed at the knowledge from the members on here.

Hopefully you will all be able to give me some advice too.

Please bear with me as there is a lot of information.

I had a Lloyds Overdraft of £2000 and 2 loans with them and the last regular payment I made into these accounts was January 2007 until I lost my job.

Charges began spiralling and I opened a different account with another bank as I didn't get another regular job until June 2007 .

They were passed to Lloyds in house collections and a default was registered in October 2007 against all 3 (nine months later, I hadn't made any payments to them in this time).

After making a few payments to them (as and when I could) it was then passed to Moorcroft around a couple of years ago.

I have been making payments quite regularly to them,

I gave them my debit card details (I know - stupid!)

but thankfully they didn't abuse it (I must be lucky)

until I asked them not to take a payment one month giving them plenty of notice,

they didnt respond so I cancelled the card and have held it in limbo for a few weeks.

After reading peoples stories on this forum I have came to realise a few things about this debt.

Lloyds still own the debt as they are the ones on my credit file.

Payments that I am making to moorcroft dont add up to the amounts which are being deducted from the default on my credit file (they are lower).

The 3 debts are being treated as 1 debt by both Lloyds and Moorcroft as I get a statement through from Lloyds once a year showing a lump sum amount

and amounts I have paid against this debt (which is the correct amounts that I have paid - not what is being reported to the Credit Reference Agencies).

The amounts that I am paying however is only being deducted from the 2 loans on the CRA NOT from the overdraft,

so they are treating it like I have paid nothing off that and taking all money I pay off the 2 loans.

The loans were taken out in September 2005 and August 2006 and were both done online.

I honestly cant remember how much both these loans were for but I know they were around £2500 and £5000.

The opening balances on the accounts show £6152 and default balance £5174,

and Opening balance £2508 and default balance £2729.

The Overdraft on the account was for £2000 and the default balance on that is £3026

so I know theres a hell of a lot of charges on all of these.

Sorry for the long post - thought it best to get as much info on here as possible.

What can I do now?

Do I SAR them or ask Moorcroft for a credit agreement?

I dont see how they can both treat this as one lump sum when its 3 separate accounts?

Many Many thanks in advance for any help I receive

Suzetone

In this situation you would be wise to start a complaint with Lloyds about all 3 account at the same time. You only need to submit one SAR covering all these accounts and it will cost you one fee of £10.

Ask for full information of all the payments, charges, interest and how the payments made through Moorcroft have been treated. Many of the banks work very closely with Moorcroft, with them basically acting as a side arm, collecting payments on their behalf. So Lloyds will be able to liaise with Moorcroft, to enable a full response to be issued.

Make it clear to them that you will involve the FOS if necessary to look into the charges applied to the account and they way matters have been handled.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

In a word they cant they must be kept separate (particularly the P/L,s) as they are two separate agreements with different T&Cs.There is no agreement for the O/D and that is the most lucrative part as the debt, as its probably still gathering interest and penalty charges,hence they dont deduct from that. So your payments are disappearing down the Moorcraft black hole.

DSAR LLoyds for the three separate accounts and also CCA the two PL,s.

Regards

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Thank you both for your replies, I did find it very strange that they just put it all as one debt, could have expected that from Moorcroft, but not from Lloyds - assumed they would have been more clued up on this - but (and i am guessing here) if they dont have a copy of the CCA for the loans, maybe that is why they are deducting from that first (suspicious mind!)

I take it from other posts that there are 2 separate timeframes for both of these requests. Am I correct in thinking 12 days for a CCA and 40 days for an SAR?

Also - what do I do about Moorcroft in the meantime - they have asked me for payment as I have now missed 2 to them. Do I tell them I am waiting for this information before any other payments are made to them?

Suze

Thank you both for your replies, I did find it very strange that they just put it all as one debt, could have expected that from Moorcroft, but not from Lloyds - assumed they would have been more clued up on this - but (and i am guessing here) if they dont have a copy of the CCA for the loans, maybe that is why they are deducting from that first (suspicious mind!)

I take it from other posts that there are 2 separate timeframes for both of these requests. Am I correct in thinking 12 days (plus delivery) for a CCA and 40 days for an SAR? Correct To Lloyds

Also - what do I do about Moorcroft in the meantime - they have asked me for payment as I have now missed 2 to them. Do I tell them I am waiting for this information before any other payments are made to them? I would as your payments are being misappropriated.

Suze

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

oh how unusual for moorcrap...oh nice earner here lets make it disppears.

NEVER EVER pay a DCA

ignore them

pay the OWNER on your cra file ....LLoyds!!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Ok thats the last they've had from me then!

Reading all the stuff on here I can't believe I've just went along with it all this time. Didn't know any better! Letters will be off in the post tomorrow.

As you are in arrears with Lloyds they should be sending you a statement of arrears each month so you should know how the debts are spiralling. If on the other hand they have not been sending you

the Statutory statements as required under the CCA 2006 section 11, 86D, then they cannot enforce the agreement nor charge you interest until they recommence sending you the statements.