Debt Being Passed On Help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4382 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi i've just got a query regarding an old debt.

I had an account with Halifax which i hadn't used for years,

an overdraft of £1200 clocked up via bank charges & was then passed on to Blair Oliver and Scott,

i completely ignored them and continued chipping away at the debt by paying token amounts of money in at a Halifax branch,

the debt was then passed onto Robinson Way without any confirmation from the bank.

.. again i carried on paying the debt bit by bit over the counter at Halifax who i assume then passed the money onto Robinson Way,

the debt is now only £368 and i've tried paying in at a Branch again today and they say they can't accept payment as the account is closed.

I've had letters from Moorcroft and now Westcott claiming the debt is now owed to them with the usual phone calls and menacing letters.

I've always ignored these DCA's but now without being able to pay in at the bank i'm not sure what to do?

I've had no confirmation from either the bank or any of these debt agencies informing me the debt has been passed on

so i'm hesitant about who to pay if at all?

I realise it's only a small amount but i just want to put an end to all of this nonsense now because it's dragged on for too long.

Thanks for any help.

Have any of these DCA's said they own the account ?

Is the debt showing on your credit file ?

As far as the phone calls go, keep a record, but in meantime send telephone harrassment letters (in templates) recorded delivery, to anyone that phones in regard to this.

If you answer the phone by mistake just don't answer the security questions, they cannot proceed if you don't.

I believe they are supposed to tell you if a debt is passed on, but in my experience they very rarely do.

If the debt isn't on any credit files, then I don't think it exists, don't quote me on that,

I sure someone with more knowledge will correct me if Im wrong, there are posts about credit files etc

If it is, on your file, you need to find out who owns it.

I'd be contacting the halifax rather than the DCA's

Have a look around the letter templates and at other posts in regard to similar issues, it will put your mind at rest.

Hope this helps a little.

Claire x

we need that CRA file

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Shallowfax! I see they have improved their customer services then?

I wouldn't let this begin to bother you, if the bank has sold it and failed to inform you, which is the norm for this outfit, then they have got their money already, they would have been paid off by their insurance, plus earned a bit of extra profit from the sale of your account to these lot.

If the bank don't want your money, because as they say, the account is closed, then you owe nothing?

The two DCA's that now claim you owe them money are IMO seriously deluded, the bank has closed your account, and they didn't even have the common decency to let you know!

I would ignore any further attempt at conning you of your hard earned, and certainly until you have checked your credit file, and then, if this does show on there, it is back to the bank to exhaust their complaints procedure!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!