Can I claim my own PPI back?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4393 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

I took a loan out about 4-5 years ago and Im not sure if I had PPI on it or not, I have no paper work on it at all. I was wondering could I make my own claim rather than going to a company who will take a large portion of the prospective claim refund?

Thanks

hi, you need to send a SAR to the bank, company, you took the loan out with it will cost £10.00 but you should get all the info

needed. and most of all you can do this yourself no need for a claims company!!. a simple letter of formal complaint to the original lender

re- mis selling of ppi is all you need to do.

Please do not use one of these claim companies. I have done it myself with the help of the wonderful people on here and I got mine sorted

It also means i keep all the money and not have to pay them £5000 for doing very little that you couldnt do yourself

Hi again,

But I dont know any details specific to my loan, like when I took it out, the policy number, the person who sold it to me, anything all I can remember is the bank- Nat West.

I was thinking that I could ask one of these ppi companies to see whether or not I can claim and then do it myself?

Thanks.

Do not go anywhere near a claims company.

The advice above is to send a SAR (Subject Access Request) to the lender and that is the first thing you should do.

You will find a template for SAR in the CAG library, the link to which is at the top of every CAG page in green.

Also have a look here for a list of criteria for mis-selling and if you feel you were mis-sold then put a claim in. We will help you with all of that but SAR first.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?61081-PPI-Some-Notes-for-Claimants..(3-Viewing)-nbsp