• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Paying QQ Back...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4365 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Since i posted this, QQ have applied a £12 default charge. I replied with nothing but "These charges are unlawful as you have chosen not to accept payment from me. I have no choice but to pursue a legal course of action."

Since then, they have now offered a payment plan and confirmed that no further charges or interest will be applied. I have rejected their payment plan as they want £100 a month and I can only stretch to £50 for this particular lender.

They do still insist on the same payment methods though! So! In my reply about the payment plan, i have cheekily said that because i work monday to friday i will need to take time out from work to obtain bankers drafts at the cost of £12 per draft... wonder what they say to that!

Ignore the charges. Regardless of whether you paid them or not, they arent legally enforeceable.

Also, perhaps you should inform this american PDL that they cannot refuse a valid form of payment. Be it standing order, postal order etc.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Yeah i have done, several times :)

See what happens with QQ is i send them an email, they reply insisting i use their online web chat or talk on the phone. I say that this is unacceptable as i have no way to adequately record the conversations and the cycle continues... its only now after harsh threats and 2 weeks of emails bouncing each way daily that they are finally realising im not their typical customer and i will not roll over!

They cannot insist on that method of communication. Tell them that no matter what they do over in the USA, under UK law, it is your legal right to have all correspondence and communication in writing.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

I have done, they repeatedly ignore me though!

I had just about given up talking to them, but now the emails aren't standardised tripe from a macro button I'm gonna give them a couple more days before i sack em off and report them!

What im most bothered about is them registering defaults on my credit file? i have a pretty decent credit score these days would be a shame for them to mess that up

Doesnt matter if they ignore you. Keep sending the same email if you have to. If they will not listen, then you can eventually put the account into dispute, and if they take it to court, you can show complete willingness to pay what you owe, but they are refusing.

Eventually in real terms could be weeks or months. I'm a fan of giving them a bit of time, for example 2-3 months, so they cant try and blag their way through a court case. You can easily say you have been trying for months and they simply refuse to cooperate. Some people on here have been trying to deal with them for over a year.

You dont need to worry though. QQ cannot take you to court for a debt. They dont have the power to do so. They have to outsource it to a DCA, who again, have no legal powers. This is why QQ prefer to sell debts on.

what do you mean by default notices?

By default notices i mean how they report to the CRA's ? I have several clean accounts and in a matter of months the one with a couple of late payments on there will be clean too when its pushed out of the 6 year record...

I dont want them to report that i am paying late or defaulting and thus damaging my credit rating

Has to be said though.... they dont show up for me on checkmyfile.com 's reports at all! not QQ nor Wonga... im thinking thats cos i dont get my full experian report through that website

IF they try and report it late, (which they are legally entitled to do, since you arent paying the loan back as per the agreement), you could offer them a settlement down the road, providing that they remove all markers and references to the debt from your credit file.

Should anyone take you to court over it, if you win, you can ask for the markers to be removed as part of the settlement/mediation.

For your credit files, register directly through Equifax or experians sites. They have a free trial right now, so you can get your report then cancel the trial.

Same with me, I have no way to pay then as I can't afford 'their' plan and their accepted payment methods mean they will be taking whatever amount they like from me.

Possibly sending my account to DCA now ;)

Did you send the lettere by recorded delivery and did you cc the email to yourself. If so, ignore what they are saying as they are obviously lying and breaking regulations.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi, who can advise the best way to pay QQ back? They are insisting on CPA's or bankers drafts and wont give me bank details!

Wonga, however, quickly gave me theirs!

I have just got of the phone to*Barclays

icon*and they said i just need to cancel my card. i plan of defaulting next friday as i owe qq 1000 and have allread had a pdpplan this year. if i arrange a payment plan of 100 a month by DD can they take more than that? Barclays rep said no

Edited by citizenB

You MUST cancel the DD as well. Not just the card. As you were informed in the other thread you replied to, a DD can be used to withdraw funds of any amount and at any time, with little to no notice needed.

First thing in the morning, contact your bank and cancel the DD AND the CPA ( Continuous Payment Authroity) on the account.

Its not your card being used though if you have a direct debit set up. You NEED to get that cancelled.

Its not your card being used though if you have a direct debit set up. You NEED to get that cancelled.

i dont have a DD with them. i just checked my account online and its not there as a DD. they take it from my card. so if i cancel it they cant touch my account. i am thinking how.to paythem if they agree to a payment plan. how else can i pay them as they only accept these 2 methods? Can you have a fixed dd agreement?

this is what i might try with barclays if im allowed with my account status. set up a seperate account and use that for the dd and make sure i only transfer right amount intime for there payment. What do u think?

If qq do what they say then it will be the first time they've backed down.

If qq do what they say then it will be the first time they've backed down.

Carlos:*How can I assist you Steven?

steven:*can you just confirm aremy payments to you taken by debit card.or direct debit?

Carlos:*I can assist you with this, one moment please.

Carlos:*Steven, the payments are processed with a debit card on file ending in xxxx.

steven:*Ok. So my card gets lost and i cancel it will you still be able to take payment from the details u have there?

Carlos:*We can use the direct debit on file to process the payment.

steven:*I dont have a direct debit with you?

Carlos:*We would take those details down and process a payment, even though the debit card is unusable, if you update the direct debit, we can process a payment, that would prevent the account from defaulting and resulting in additional fees added.

steven:*So you dont have a direct debit that i have signed so you would need my permission to do this correct?

Carlos:*That is correct.

steven:*So if my card gets cancelled you cant get my money without me agreeing in writing to a DD is that right?

Carlos:*We can update the DD by phone or chat.

steven:*So if i lose my card.and cancel it before.the 29/6/12 will you be able to take any money from my account?

Carlos:*No, the account would go into default and a fee assessed.

steven:*No i dont wish to update anything on chat.

steven:*Could you email me a copy of this chat session now please

Carlos:*You can have this chat emailed to you at the bottom of the screen.

Tell me what you think?

Wait. They said they will create a direct debit to your account without your permission? Thats almost akin to blatant theft/fraud.

Wait. They said they will create a direct debit to your account without your permission? Thats almost akin to blatant theft/fraud.

read again. it says if I Update it not them. They cannot create one without my permission as it clearly states. they are just saying to do that so i dont default.

I think the people still having money taken aftet cancelling there cards must have DDs set up. I dont.