Protected No Claims

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4387 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Was wondering if anyone could advise please ,

My sister had someone bump into the back of her car causing about £600 worth of damage, culprit did one and my sister did not get reg :roll: she rang her insurance company and the car has now been repaired through them but they are now stating that she has lost her No Claims Bonus of 9 years because it was her second claim.

The other claim they are referring to was about 3 years ago when she had her car broken into and a window was smashed to which she had Auto glass out which the insurance company treated that as malicious damage.

So is this right that she will now lose he 9 years no claim bonus if it is protected.

Tinks

Protected NCBs would depend what it said in thr contract. When I last read an insurance contract the first bump took 2 years off your NCB and the second in a year zeroed it. It was years ago I read this - and this was without a protected NCB.

If the same terms still apply (and I recall windows did not harm an NCB) then without a protected bonus the NCB would fall to maxium years minus two.

This now makes it look like (even if windows were included) that the extra NCB cover you bought offered less protection than having no cover.

Its suddenly sounding a bit PPI.

suggest you read the policy document about NCB reductions regarding claims.

usualy you lose some of your NCB if you cliam twice in a three year period. i.e. Full ncb would reduce to 30% say. but different companies have different rates.