style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4387 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm applying to have my address kept from the Register under Insolvency Rule 6.235B. The lady from CAB tells me she thinks the fee for this is around £40 but that a Judge is unlikely to approve it as in reality few people are allowed to have their address kept off the register.

I fled a DV relationship 4 years ago and my ex managed to find me up until 18 months ago when I last moved. I've managed to keep my address from him successfully to date here and really want to continue keeping it from him. I know it would affect me mentally if I felt he could find me. Apart from my own witness statement stating what happened, I have a letter from my GP who supported me during the relationship, while I was in a Refuge and after and she asks that my address be kept secret.

Is the CAB lady being unecessarily pessimistic as to my chances of keeping my address off the register or am I likely to be successful? I'm so worried about it. I know some people apparently don't proceed with BR once they know their address cannot be kept secret and they are worried about DV, but I have no choice really and have to proceed and just know that if the Judge says no I will live in fear the whole time.

Did you ever have any Police reports/Reference Numbers that can also aid your situation?

Very rarely now are Bankruptcies advertised in the local papers, they are now mainly just advertised in the London Gazette (also has a searchable on-line facility) and the Insolvency Service website.

Stigman

NEVER telephone a DCA

If a DCA rings you, refuse to go through the security questions & hang up!

If I have helped you, click on the star & say thank you

Hi,

You need to contact the Woman's Refuge Centre that was dealing with you for copies of all of the paperwork, also, it is good that you have a letter (current and up to date) from your GP stating your well-being will be under threat.

Also, if not granted, what is the chances of your ex looking on the Insolvency Service Website/London Gazette Website?

Stigman

NEVER telephone a DCA

I've worried about him finding it on the Insolvency website. The small print of the form says that the details may come up via Google though so maybe if someone just googles my name? Not sure why else the wording may say Google may provide the details from the Register. So far I have told no one about the BR as I am so ashamed, with the exeption of my daughter but I'm so worried someone will find out and somehow through the grapevine will tell him I am BR and then he will look me up. I've stressed and stressed about what he would do if he knew where I lived and I know I could never relax and would not feel safe so the mental anguish would not relent. I've lived here 22 months now and he still doesn't know where we live and I really want it to stay that way. I guess I could contact Womens Aid though I lived in their refuge in 2003 but they may still have details unless they only keep things 7 years. I think I am just going to have to hope and pray and hope it finds in my favour.

First of all, NEVER EVER BE ASHAMED OF BANKRUPTCY!!!!

A new start, completely debt free.

When you hand in your forms (6.27, 6.28 & EX160A) to the Court Office, ask for a private interview, explain everything to the Clerk.

For peace of mind, I just did a search engine search on a family member who is Bankrupt, their name comes up in the 192.com listing but they are on election roll, other than that no other search comes up if I place their name and with the words Insolvency Service, London Gazette & Bankrupt after it (They were Bankrupt late 2011).

Stigman

NEVER telephone a DCA

Thanks yes I did the same search for someone I know who is currently bankrupt and came up with business and company details but nothing on the BR either. Maybe the Insolvency forms say something as they need to cover themselves or tell you it may be possible for something to show up, but maybe usually doesn't. Then the only risk of my ex finding my details there would be if someone told him I was BR and he looked me up. It's not a risk I would like to take so am hoping the Judge files in my favour, my GP has written a really good letter.