Fraud Warning

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4385 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello All!

So I am in the process of dealing with partners debt, liaising to negotiate reduced settlement etc. I had thought them very suspicious but all the paperwork is in order and he owes the money.

So today I visited my bank to open a (second) business account (my credit file is now thankfully squeeky clean) only for it to be 'referred'.

I was told (and shouldnt have been but he was trying to help and has known me for some time) that it was because my boyfriend is showing as potentially fraudulent as as we live at the same address I am now implicated!

He couldnt tell me anything more than that, and thats come as such a shock. Yes we knew he had debts but when I applied for his credit files the CIFAS section was totally empty.

I have my boyfriend writing a comprehensive list of all the addresses he has lived at for the last ten years so that I can go back to the CRAs and ask for any and everthing flagging up, I will then also run CCJ checks on every address.

My question is why is this happening and where can I go to get help? We have pinged an email to CIFAS themselves, even though his file appears to us empty of warnings.

Any ideas who to approach? Do I need full on legal help? Should I put through a notice of disassociation, even though we live together we do not share bills.

I'm really very worried, as the bank did say that somtimes if they think I'm also 'up to no good' it may trickle back and affect the currently very good relationship I have with them and the head office may re-evaluate me being a customer of theirs.

To be frank, I'm panicking...so anything at all I would be very grateful for...

o---------------------------------------------------

Barclaycard & Barclays Bank Done! :whoo:

The journey back to a decent credit file is much longer than the path it took to ruin it!

To give more detail, the warning said his name was genuine but 'other information' was the problem.

The journey back to a decent credit file is much longer than the path it took to ruin it!

What information is showing on his CRA files,

defaults, late payments, Gain, CCJs?

For CCJs check trustonline site.

Are there linked addresses o his file?

You will need to check all 3 of the main

CRAs Equifax, Experian and Call credit

as data can vary.

You can also make a Subject Access Request

Under The Data Protection Act 1998 to each

CRA compelling them to provide ALL data held

on him.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

You should get a notice of disassociation as well.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Thanks Brig, I will do all of your advice items.

Its truly bizarre, the bank have obviously used Experian as there are registered searches (three at a time!) checking identity. However, there are now NO defaults registered with the experian online report but 18 months ago there were two and two happily settled agreements. Now there is just one; his mobile phone. Where have they all gone??? I dont understand why they have dropped off/disappeared when we have given exactly the same information on previous addresses etc for both reports. There is no GAIN, no CIFAS on experian or Equifax.

I am becomming convinced the bank are just making stuff up now but I will CCA the DCAs but I thought that applying for reports was sufficient!

I did a CCJ check, but not on any previous addresses, should I run through the last few just to be safe, I'm not expecting anything to be honest.

I've fired off a load of letters, demands, emails ref his online equifax and experian reports. Funny thing though - both Experian and Call Credit will not provide instant access to his online report, like they dont believe he is who he professes to be and they need to double check? Experian even sent a PIN no through the post so we had to wait three days. If the CRAs think he's lying what hope do we have convincing others?

Ta!

Defaults are removed from CRA files after 6 years paid or not!!

Have you checked Equifax as well because the data held can vary.

Yes Equifax is much the same, although the defaults and settled agreements were not all six years old.

I have emailed experian/Equifax as they do not show previous reports on their online system as they were paper not electronic (if that makes sense!). I have also sent off to Call Credit for their report.

Let's wait and see what shows up.