Wescot Credit Services Ltd. Current managing Directors?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4394 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all,

I am struggling to work out through Google who the current managing director is of the most beloved CCA – Wescot Credit Services Ltd. (WCS).

I left HBOS with an o/d of £600 but after they charged me multiple times for going overdrawn when I didn't

and then refused to correspond with me about it (either in person at the bank or in writing)

I just gave up and things spiralled out of control with the account until HBOS closed it and passed the debt to WCS.

The debt reached about £1200 when it was passed to WCS

and after many arguments about not owing that much to HBOS

and a few years (

I was explaining on the phone about accepting £600 as was my original o/d that was never cleared

but if they didn't take me to court soon over the rest that I would start proceedings myself against HBOS/WCS.

The bloke on the phone said they would probably accept a reduced figure that would be close to the £600£700 range

and I said I would look at it when it came through in writing in order to give me a few days grace to work out if I could afford it

- the deal being that I would have to pay the agreed sum within 3 months of me accepting it,

the debt would be marked as 'satisfied' (though not paid in full) and this mark would remain for 6 years.

The letter came through very soon (19/04/12, dated the 17th) and it is from their solicitors

– Nelson Guest & Partners Solicitors (NG&PS), Kent

– I believe this to be a firm of solicitors owned or run by Wescot.

The amount on the letter states £1257.68 as the total owed and a 50% agreement of £628.84 being acceptable if I call Wescot.

This I tried to do on the 20th but their phone operator kept cutting off,

I find this happens a lot on Friday afternoon with companies like this.

I spoke to a colleague of that operator and was told no agreement had been set up which was to my advantage

as I called back on the 23rd and set up the agreement and got the standing order details set up through my bank.

About a week later I called back and asked for the agreement to be confirmed to me in writing

and the operator at that time quoted £700 as the amount agreed which I disputed immediately and we both agreed the original £628.84 agreement.

The letter finally came through, this time from WCS,

not their solicitors (dated 10th May but received 15th)

and the numbers do not match up to any previous letter.

The full amount owed has gone down from £1257.68 to 1209.28

but the agreed repayment amount has gone up to £700 in their letter

and they know that I can not achieve this nor was this the agreement.

Furthermore the letter does not state a commencing date of the agreement or an end date by which I have to pay it by.

I am now writing to WCS and am copying in the Solicitor’s as well as it was their letter that quoted £628.84

and I would like to also copy in their Head of Compliance,

Charlotte Allen as surely this is not compliant to any code of conduct or law but I would like to address the main letter to the managing director(s).

Is Mr Jonathan Andrew Graham or Mr Paul Jenkins the current MD,

or is it someone else? Would the MD be the MD for the whole company or would Hull and Scotland use different MD’s.

I am planning on writing to Hull as it is this office that wrote to me

but I am also planning on CC’ing Saltcoats, Ayrshire as this is their registered address according to both their letter and their website.

All-in-all I am planning on sending the letter to:

1.) WCS Hull: correspondence address;

2.) WCS Hull: Head of Compliance;

3.) WCS Ayrshire: Registered address;

4.) NG&PS: their solicitors.

Please can you let me know if this is too much and also help with the names of the MD’s as after reading much about WCS

on the net I am worried that no matter what I pay them and how quickly, they are going to try to sting me for the full £1257.68.

Sorry to have given so much detail

but I do not want to leave you without info you may need

ANY help will be appreciated,

thank you.

Why are you paying a debt with a discount??

that means its inflated with unlawful PENALTY charges

and they'll never go near a court for fear of a counter claim

ignore

unless you need your CRA file cleared

if you do then offer very very litlle -

but you must insist ALL negative data is removed

AND

the debt is marked as SETTLED.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

...companycheck.co.uk/company/SC084131 click the names at the bottom of the page for further info.
Ok, thank you - I see both the names there, anyone know any more about which one is at Hull or at Scotland please?

they may not sting you for the full amount but ANOTHER DCA will try there upmost to get there hands on the remaining that wetclots sold on.
I am hoping not due to the wording of the letters; and any more than the agreed £6~~ then I shall see them and if necessary, HBOSin court.

Why are you paying a debt with a discount?? that means its inflated with unlawful PENALTY charges... ...dx

No, the account with HBOS stood at over -£1000 a long time before it was even passed to WCS.

In court I would be unable to deny the original £600 o/d and wouldn't wish to.

But I am easily able to prove that HBOS started charging me for going over that £600 o/d even though I hadn't.

I am also able to prove that HBOS refused to enter into correspondence with me regarding the matter

however it would be up to the court to then decide how much of the monies over the £600 o/d are accountable to HBOS and how much of it to me >

this is where it could be that I would end up owing more than what I am paying back now

and I would also risk having a CCJ against me which again would not make much difference to me to having a partial settlement.

I do not use credit cards at all,

I have nothing on hp,

do not have a phone contract (house or mobile) and

will not be able to afford a mortgage for at least 10 if not 15 years

therefore I am not too worried about having the partial settlement mark for 6 years.

My main concern is how to write to WCS to ensure that I only pay back the £628.84.

I am intregued about the:

"

...but you must insist ALL negative data is removed

AND

the debt is marked as SETTLED....

"

I will ask them of this when I write to them but I am little unsure how to request/demand this as like I said, this is a debt that I do definately owe some of.

The only leverage that I can see at the moment is that either they are incompetent regarding the balls up of the letters that I have meantioned or the other option is that I could threaten to pay them back by splitting my current £5 per month that I can afford to debtors between them and a really old debt of about £6000 that happily take the £5pm at the moment meaning that WCS would only get about £0.71 per month while the others would get the remaining £4.29. I think that this is possible while I am on benefits.

Anyway, what do you think or how should I request to have full settlement if I pay back only the £628.84?

Cheers for your help dx

Edited by Darfyddi

urm...me thinks you are taking what a dca threatens far too seriously

they nor their 'fake/for hire' solicitor have

ANY LEGAL POWERS WHATSOEVER

if HBOS wanted their money, they would have gone to court years ago.

dont forget the

PENALTY charges will be reclaimed in restitution compounded at their int rate

- this will i suspect be far more than the 'discount' they currently offer

i notice there are no dates mentioned anywhere...how old is this?

and does the debt show on your cra file?

who is listed as the owner.?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Not sure what is on my CRA file and not too sure about who actually owns the debt. The dates are only a couple of years ago and don't want the hassle of trying to avoid this for another 4, my wife wouldn't be able to cope with the hassle.

but likewise the current matter could be resolved by knowing who is the owner.

if wetclothes dont own the debt, they have no power to goto court

only threaten this that and the other and a whole lot of other nasty stuff on the phone

they will never repeat in writing

you are under no legal obligation to discuss your debts on the phone with anyone.

if the OC has sold it, there is a very good reason they never went near a court

you need to discover that reason

you might owe nowt as strange as it seems.

dx

and they

Cheers for that advice dx. Excuse my writing in this post as it is 5am and I get no sleep anyway with a little baby now.

I shall scrap my original plan to write a letter setting out what we agreed and write to ask instead for the debt details and proof. I think I saw one on this site yesterday; or at least a template for such a letter. Any chance you could put that link here for me please as I can't find it. Am I right in thinking that it is a letter that requests proof of debt and that proof would also give the details of who actuallyowns the debt please?

I have about 66 days to pay so will with-hold my standing order and just sit on the money each week for now; WCS have only had £100 out of the £600 so far. I also saw a template for dSAR that I thought I might invest in to HBOS as I only had the account for a year or 2 so it shouldn't be too much for me to read through.

I have tried to get the free trials with experian equifax and also tried to sign up with noodle but I will have to call them all tomorrow - I guess it means I don't get the cash back though on experian or equifax. I know I did a postal request a few years ago with one of them, experian I think, and all I had was several pages of addresses I used to live at and absolutely nothing else lol.

Thank you again for the help.

before you do that can you post up the wetcloths discount letter please.

and any letters resulting from your phone conv they have sent.

and can your clarfy YOU have sent no letters offering anything.

and where is this 'deadline' of 66 days coming from?

scan the required letters/agreements/sheets - as a picture[jpg] file

don't forget you can use a mobile phone or a digital camera too!!

ENSURE: remove all pers info inc barcodes etc using paint program

but leave all figures and dates.

goto one of the many free online pdf converter websites

it would be better to upload a multipage pdf if

you have many images too rather than many single pdfs

or if you have PDF as an installed printer drive use that

or use word and save as pdf

open a new msg box here

hit go advanced below the msg box

hit manage attachments below that box

hit the add files button on the top right

hit select files, navigate to your file on your pc

hit upload files

dx

and they

Sorry for the delay in getting this done - I have a 7month baby and a disabled wife to look after so time and energy is limiited.

They are in order with 1 being the oldest, 5 being the most recent.

Edited by Darfyddi
removed pictures as they are reduced to fuzz by your uploader

them follow the guide please

as above

dx

and they

Sorry for the delay in getting this done - I have a 7month baby and a disabled wife to look after so time and energy is limiited.

They are in order with 1 being the oldest, 5 being the most recent.

ok, I just tried to view the letters and they are not legable so lets try photobucket:

th_wescot1.jpgth_wescot2.jpgth_wescot3.jpgth_wescot4a.jpgth_wescot5.jpg

Edited by Darfyddi

no.4 not working

dx

and they

having read those letters

i refer you to posts 4 + 6

they are offering a disount

ignore!

or get reclaiming

dx

and they

Darf

On upload 5 acceptance you will notice how its worded " £700.00 in Partial settlement " and finishes with " Failure to comply with the above will result in the full balance being payable "

So they confirm there will be a balance and its not in Full and Final settlement.Please reword your offer if that's your intention and get conformation that it is F&FS !!

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Cheers dx but I struggle to think how I would manage against HBOS as I would definately owe at least £600 of it and fail to see how forcing it to court would make my situation better.

Andyorch, my query is regarding the difference between the figures quoted from upload #3 to upload #5, as you see I was offered £628.84 but in confirmation that I accepted this they have stated £700, also the sum owed is different between the two letters.

To both dx and andy, should I carry on with WCS but write in to confirm £628.84 and request it be F&FS?

Thank you both again for your time.

Well offer them £628 as per their letter dated April 2012 if that's the route you wish to take...see what DX suggests.But make sure its F&FS

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread