Just had a debt written off, yay!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4411 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Acting on behalf of a friend for some debts.

Wrote out to all three of them asking if they'd write off due to circumstances. All said no, so I asked them all again. All said no, asked again and all then wanted proof of ill health. So sent copy of DWP letter showing the award for DLA and ESA etc.

One has just wrote back to say they will write the debt off and show it as sattisfied on CRA's.

Result.

I don't believe this for one minute, no-one "writes off a debt" it doesn't happen, it will be passed from pillar to post for all and sundry to try and get their pound of flesh out of.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

The bit about you not being able to trade with them is a 'get out of jail free' card for you, as they clearly do not want 'non-productive' customers.

This is quite a straightforward letter with none of the usual claptrap about 'we will be informing other companies in our group of this non-productive account and will also be informing Tom, Dick and Harry that you are not to be trusted with credit EVER' that I have seen with other companies.

The person i'm acting for isn't really that arsed about wanting to trade with them again anyway as they are wanting all of their debts sorted so thye owe nothing.

I'm dealing with 4 peoples debts lol.

Lets hope that they stick to this (which is probably what bazooka boo meant when (s)he said (s)he didn't believe it).

It would not be the first time someone has had one of these, then contacted by a dca over the same debt.

so hang on to that letter just in case

I do sincerely hope they stick to their word, unlikely but, there is a first time for everything..:pray:

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Keep that letter very safe Jam_Buttie, we're all very cynical I'm afraid but you seem to have sorted it!

I suppose the amount is relevant too as I doubt it would have been as easy if there were a few zero's added!

I've since had it in writing from them that the debt will NOT be passed/sold/transferred to a 3rd party for collection as the account is now closed.

Great news JB.

Keep both letter's in a secure and safe place.

Stigman

NEVER telephone a DCA

If a DCA rings you, refuse to go through the security questions & hang up!

If I have helped you, click on the star & say thank you

as many of us here who post regularly in order to help..we know from experience that this probably wont be the end of the matter it is why we have been advising to keep letter as safe as possible.....for when the day the first dca rears its ugly head....

I’ve had 2 write-offs helping others but were relatively low amounts. Fashion World accepted to write off but stated that they would continue to update the CRA’s (which given the amount of negative info anyway wouldn’t have made any difference to the persons credit rating) and Lowell did it without even asking (said they took a commercial decision). I suppose they realised they were not going to get anything anyway so write it off against tax.