Can they legally do this? Surely not!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4401 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have a loan with a company and I pay it monthly via direct debit. However, I switched bank accounts last month and they transferred all my direct debits etc but a couple of them didn't get paid on time and so I rang them straight away and they said they could take a card payment.

Problem was I don't have one but my wife offered to pay it with her debit card as a one off.

I have logged on to my account with them to check that the direct debit is set up correctly and noticed that they have stored her card on there as a future payment method.

I emailed them saying that my wife is not happy and that they should remove it immediately but they refused and said until I put a debit card of my own on (as back up) they will not remove it!!

Can they do this?? My wife is livid!!

The loan is in my own name, nothing to do with my wife and we do not have a joint bank account etc.

Edited by citizenB
formatted for easier reading

She should write a 'formal complaint' and formally refusing them permission to debit her card further and also write to her bank to instruct them NOT to allow this company to debit her card, with a copy of her letter to this company. If its in writing her bank has to adher to this.

who is the company...

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Not a payday lender by any chance is it?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

yep

just looked them up.

thread moved to PDL forum

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I had a feeling it was. Thought i recognised that name.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Its the same company. Theynjust masquerade under multiple trading names to avoid detection.