MKDP/barclaycard claimform - will need some help please!

Dotty50
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3428 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Has anyone heard back from the court yet?

I am getting daily telephone calls from MK but no message is left but I did answer today out of curiosity and it went straight to a message stating that it was a non urgent call and to telephone them on a specific number.

I won't be rushing to do that!

Spoil sport Why Not lol

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Need to check on BL and Situp Dotty.Can you post to their threads and prompt response?

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Sit up sit down sit up, have you ever had that feeling when you wanted to go......no theres only one user sit up:lol:

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

I was just having a look at my file for another claim (different CC) that I defended a while ago and the court issued a letter back to me the day after my defence was submitted, so could they just be struggling to get through things because of the double bank holiday?

I have checked on MCOL and it shows that my defence is there, I did have a bit of a panic thinking that I had missed the submit button!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Dotty,

any progress / news with yours? Not heard a peep from anyone on mine - wondering whether I should make a move......

BL

Well 6 years on and most of the defaults have disappeared, thank you CAG for a

ll your help

So all of you at the same stage and no response, what is the stayed date Dotty?

Andy

Hi Andy, Isn't it 28 days after MK are sent my defence?

As the court have not sent any acknowledgement, I can't answer your question but the date I submitted was 1st June (the last date to submit was the 6th) which was the friday before the long bank holiday, I think we're all at the same stage yes so should we contact the court to check?

Maybe Northampton can't cope with all these claims being issued?

Ok so anytime now ie 6th July 2012 but you all should have received notification from Northampton that your defences have been forwarded to the Claimant

and the 28 days etc etc......to respond or stayed.?

That's what I thought Andy, I'll leave it until next week and give the court a call I think.

Thanks for popping in, I will update any progress as and when.

BTW are you the only legal expert around nowadays?

No theres a plethora of experience here on CAG:wink:

With this one the DN I had wasn't issued by BC, but Mercers and was slightly out on date but I believe this can be acceptable nowadays!

Not at all Dotty. Brandon v Amex appeal, faults with DN's cannot be deemed de-minimus.

Vint

I Dotty,

Also, I thought that the creditor had to be clearly identified in the DN, not thier agents.

http://www.johnpughschambers.co.uk/Consumer%20Credit%20%28Enforcement,%20Default%20and%20Termination%20Notices%29%20Regulations%201983.pdf

(2) Any notice to be given by a creditor or owner in relation to a regulated agreement to a debtor or hirer under section

87(1) of the Act (which relates to the necessity to serve a default notice on the debtor or hirer in accordance with section

88 before taking certain action by reason of any breach of the agreement by the debtor or hirer) shall contain--

(a) a statement that the notice is a default notice served under section 87(1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974;

(b) the information set out in paragraphs 1 to 3, 6 and 8 of Schedule 2 to these Regulations; and

© statements in the form specified in paragraphs 4, 5, 7[, 8A] and 9 to 11 of that Schedule.

Parties to agreement

(1) The name and a postal address of the creditor or owner.

(2) The name and a postal address of the debtor or hirer.

M1

http://www.johnpughschambers.co.uk/Consumer%20Credit%20%28Enforcement,%20Default%20and%20Termination%20Notices%29%20Regulations%201983.pdf

(2) Any notice to be given by a creditor or owner in relation to a regulated agreement to a debtor or hirer under section

87(1) of the Act (which relates to the necessity to serve a default notice on the debtor or hirer in accordance with section

88 before taking certain action by reason of any breach of the agreement by the debtor or hirer) shall contain--

(a) a statement that the notice is a default notice served under section 87(1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974;

(b) the information set out in paragraphs 1 to 3, 6 and 8 of Schedule 2 to these Regulations; and

© statements in the form specified in paragraphs 4, 5, 7[, 8A] and 9 to 11 of that Schedule.

Parties to agreement

(1) The name and a postal address of the creditor or owner.

(2) The name and a postal address of the debtor or hirer.

M1

Thanks M1, thought it had to be the creditor.