DCA Modus Operandi - Discussion

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4411 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

BRIGADIER2JCS - 'DCAs are not important at all!!!'

Except for collecting debt from people who actually owe it??

I'm sure there is a reason they are there, and if people genuinely owe money to somebody, surely it is only morale to pay it back?

i cant understand this culture where people believe they should recieve something for nothing...

Anyway,

I can appreciate your son in laws concerns mlt2159, however I would be very careful to check that there has indeed been no contact and acknowledgement within 6 years. if there is record of that available I'm sure the owner of the debt will have it. a way of ensuring that they do/don't is to request an sar, (One of the main rights which the Data Protection Act gives to individuals is the right of access to their personal information. An individual can send a subject access request, requesting any personal information held about them, and to provide them with a copy of that information. )

if they have had contact with your son in law and he has in any way acknowledged the debt, then he will need to look at a repayment plan.

please don't put your head in the sand as these 'experts' suggest, it could only make matters worse and continue to stress your son in law.

I do hope you get this resolved.

c

p.s there may be a small administration charge for any SAR's as it requires somebody to compile print and mail it to you.

and they do not hold any rights to come and collect the debt in person in a forceful manner.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if they have had contact with your son in law and he has in any way acknowledged the debt, then he will need to look at a repayment planlink3.gif.

please don't put your head in the sandlink3.gif as these 'experts' suggest, it could only make matters worse and continue to stress your son in law.

Ever heard of coercion...misinformation...duplicity!!! or are these terms not in the vocabularly of the average DCA moron! Of course they are not, they contain more than one syllable!

As suggested by Brig, follow Bazooka Boos's advice and you will be fine. Ignore the above in red.

Hi ceeatp

Brigs is quote correct in saying 'DCAs are not important at all!!!', most Creditors have inhouse teams who do this under a different umbrella, the Creditor distances themselves from this by using different companies from their own identity.

rockwell304

I thinks its great that you assume all DCA's are 'morons' it clearly indicates your narrow mindedness and in ability to understand that those 'morons' are simply doing a job. some of them may well have been in debt themselves, I have spoken to a few in my time and whilst some seem aggressive and uneducated, many were polite and focused on collecting the money in the most efficient way. Some were happy to query accounts that I did not agree either existed or added up correctly, and providing I could show, for example, that I had moved out of a property prior to the end of a water bill they would leave me alone.

Some of the advise on this site appears to be useful, however the rest appears to be the ramblings of a certain few who claim to have 'saved' people thousands. in retrospect its more like they have helped to con thousands out of large companies who provide stability and employment to this rapidly declining economy.

Don't feed the troll!!!

These so called 'debts' are usually riddled with unlawful charges...the real creditors usually prefer to 'ignore' all letters and feed it to the pond **** so they can get tax relief.

This is the case with 3 of my 'girlfriends' debts...i've worked out they actually owe her..

I ignore all DCA's...just not interested.

If and when they ever bother to put a claim form in then a nice counterclaim will happen.

Until then...not a chance of getting a response.

Regards,

Stormski

This thread was started by somebody seeking help and advice, not for you to post your ridiculous statements.

rockwell304

I thinks its great that you assume all DCA's are 'morons' it clearly indicates your narrow mindedness and in ability to understand that those 'morons' are simply doing a job. some of them may well have been in debt themselves, I have spoken to a few in my time and whilst some seem aggressive and uneducated, many were polite and focused on collecting the money in the most efficient way. Some were happy to query accounts that I did not agree either existed or added up correctly, and providing I could show, for example, that I had moved out of a property prior to the end of a water bill they would leave me alone.

Some of the advise on this site appears to be useful, however the rest appears to be the ramblings of a certain few who claim to have 'saved' people thousands. in retrospect its more like they have helped to con thousands out of large companies who provide stability and employment to this rapidly declining economy.

interesting comments

all the so called professional dca i have delt with seem to put advisors to answer the phones who have very little knowledge on consumer law, let alone the DPA 1998

collecting debt is not the issue

it is how these companies put it into practice

these dca are starting to feel the pressure now the OFT seems to be getting its house in order

now back to the original posters situation

interesting comments

all the so called professional dca i have delt with seem to put advisors to answer the phones who have very little knowledge on consumer law, let alone the DPA 1998

collecting debt is not the issue

it is how these companies put it into practice

these dca are starting to feel the pressure now the OFT seems to be getting its house in order

now back to the original posters situation

fair comment.

apologies.

c

Yes, I imagine the CAB get fairly busy. its a shame that they could not offer any useful information when you eventually received a response.

Its a shame that you had to pay a fee to simply be listened to by the DCA. I think they tend to ignore the clone letters they receive from templates provided on these sites so that might be why yours was more effective.

I'm glad that your situation was resolved. surely it would be possible for you to advise on your story, without mentioning the specific company.

site team?

Yes, I have been in the industry previously. and that is something I picked up from admin staff (who will deal with incoming letters)

Troll....go away....

You are not wanted here...and nor is any other pond life.

Stormski

PS: Maybe they should start another thread and leave this one alone

Edited by stormski

i for one would welcome any comments from someone who has been, or is currently employed in the debt collection industry, if some people are serious in trying to rectify its serious tarnished reputation then so be it

but i will take a lot of convincing and the letter heads such as CRA OR CREDIT TODAY on a DCA letter has little impression on me

• Confused 1

they tend to ignore the clone letters they receive from templates provided on these sites so that might be why yours was more effective.

Oh really? the thousands of people on this site who have obtained invaluable help would disagree.

I tried the CAB for my situation and apart from having to wait an age to get some advice the advice given wasnt anymore than I already knew. I understand that fee charging companies are a controversial topic but I got the outcome I was looking for and if I hadnt then their is a no quibble money back guarentee. With the guys I cant mention I was able to call a 0800 number get through immediately, get advise for nothing and then when I was happy that they would be able to help me I paid my fee and got letters that we written for me and looked solicitor quality to me.

One advising how sensible and professional DCA'a are, and the other promoting claims companies, I suspect you two were made for each other!

Yes, I have been in the industry previously. and that is something I picked up from admin staff (who will deal with incoming letters)

Clone letters eh, you mean letters that have substance in law unlike the awful clone letters that DCA's send out, "we may send some one to visit, you must pay

in seven days and we may/might/maybe instruct further actions and court" RINSE, WASH, REPEAT and RESEND Clone type letters.

I was only speaking from experience, no need to get irate or personal.

they tend to ignore the clone letters they receive from templates provided on these sites so that might be why yours was more effective.

Oh really? the thousands of people on this site who have obtained invaluable help would disagree.

I tried the CAB for my situation and apart from having to wait an age to get some advice the advice given wasnt anymore than I already knew. I understand that fee charging companies are a controversial topic but I got the outcome I was looking for and if I hadnt then their is a no quibble money back guarentee. With the guys I cant mention I was able to call a 0800 number get through immediately, get advise for nothing and then when I was happy that they would be able to help me I paid my fee and got letters that we written for me and looked solicitor quality to me.

One advising how sensible and professional DCA'a are, and the other promoting claims companies, I suspect you two were made for each other!

Clone letters eh, you mean letters that have substance in law unlike the awful clone letters that DCA's send out, "we may send some one to visit, you must pay

in seven days and we may/might/maybe instruct further actions and court" RINSE, WASH, REPEAT and RESEND Clone type letters.

i agree that the letters sent out by certain DCa's are full of empty threats and incorrect consequences. this does need to be resolved and i think it is something that the OFT are continuously looking into. i did not mean to offend anyone by saying the letters on the site are ineffective, thats not what i meant, i was merely saying that the different letter might have registered more with those dealing with them.

i agree that the letters sent out by certain DCa's are full of empty threats and incorrect consequences. this does need to be resolved and i think it is something that the OFT are continuously looking into. i did not mean to offend anyone by saying the letters on the site are ineffective, thats not what i meant, i was merely saying that the different letter might have registered more with those dealing with them.

Most of the letters on this site are to correctly get the information that the 'alleged' debtor needs to know and are written to get that information via proper lawful methods.

creatp...you owe me £10,000....pay now or else..

See..anyone can say that.

Now if you want to discuss this..start your own thread.

Stormski

PS: I won't tell you it was 1 pence...and i've added £9,999 in unlawful fees and interest dragged out over just under 6 years before i claim.

BRIGADIER2JCS - 'DCAs are not important at all!!!'

Except for collecting debt from people who actually owe it??

I'm sure there is a reason they are there, and if people genuinely owe money to somebody, surely it is only morale to pay it back?

i cant understand this culture where people believe they should recieve something for nothing...

Anyway,

I can appreciate your son in laws concerns mlt2159, however I would be very careful to check that there has indeed been no contact and acknowledgement within 6 years. if there is record of that available I'm sure the owner of the debt will have it. a way of ensuring that they do/don't is to request an sar, (One of the main rights which the Data Protection Act gives to individuals is the right of access to their personal information. An individual can send a subject access request, requesting any personal information held about them, and to provide them with a copy of that information. )

if they have had contact with your son in law and he has in any way acknowledged the debt, then he will need to look at a repayment plan.

please don't put your head in the sand as these 'experts' suggest, it could only make matters worse and continue to stress your son in law.

I do hope you get this resolved.

c

p.s there may be a small administration charge for any SAR's as it requires somebody to compile print and mail it to you.

and they do not hold any rights to come and collect the debt in person in a forceful manner.

A SAR has a statutory fee of £10.00, as you seem to be such an an expert I thought you would have known.

DCAs ''importance'' is only in their executives and poorly trained desl jockeys tiny minds, there only purpose is to make a profit out of others misery in most cases I deal with, buying debt for a few pence in

the pound and trying to collect the full amount that has already been written off as a loss for tax purposes, to make threats and harass people as they feel fit, leading some even to suicide!!!!

I seriously think you need to take a proper look at the threads on CAG, yes we do get the debt avoiders here,but in the large majority of those we help are geniune and fallen on hard times, unemployment, illness, accident, fraud, berevement, are just a few of the matters that bring people to CAG unhelpfull

petty observations such as yours are equally as unimportant as the DCAs running around making threats

and talking rubbish.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

As I write a number of letters each week to help others and they are not

templates or clone letters, they are drafted to suit each individual case!!

I see on of our users believes you are a troll making mischief if this is your

purpose it wont get you far.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: