Ambrose Wilson / Reliable Collections

toshyboy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4303 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi folks- sorry to hi- jack- iv just had a duff cCa sent back to me from Ambrose Wilson which would never be enforceable. Can someone point me in the direction of the template letter to respond to this to get the case closed? Thanks

C

Hi folks- sorry to hi- jack- iv just had a duff cCa sent back to me from Ambrose Wilson which would never be enforceable. Can someone point me in the direction of the template letter to respond to this to get the case closed? Thanks

C

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?415-POSSIBLE-Letter-when-a-questionable-agreement-application-is-sent.

hi guys - quick update i sent letters as suggested and nothing back until today when my folks got a letter from reliable stating they have made an appointment for a home visit between 6 and 8 on tuesday nite - should i just send the same letter again? Do u think they will actually turn up?

Thanks

Send a letter back and tell them that they are not allowed to come to your home without an invitiation and you do not wish to invite them. Should they come to your house, they will be refused permission to come on to your property, and if they do not leave immediately ( if they even turn up), then the police will be called to remove them by force.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Send a letter back and tell them that they are not allowed to come to your home without an invitiation and you do not wish to invite them. Should they come to your house, they will be refused permission to come on to your property, and if they do not leave immediately ( if they even turn up), then the police will be called to remove them by force.

They aren't coming to your house don't worry. Iv had this from reliable and they haven't been near. Monumental BS to make you scared and get money off you. Iv just sent back my p*** O** letter :-)

Unreliable by name Unreliable by nature, I am absolutely astounded that this type of intimidation still goes on in this day and age, especially threatening people in their own homes, absolutely criminal!

Absolutely everybody who rings my door bell that I have not made an appointment with gets told to foxtrot oscar.

Print this off and keep it by the front door (mine is pinned to the back of the door) and just shove it into their grubby paws if they turn up, if they remain on your property after you tell them to disappear call the Police, even if they sit in a car watching your property, call the Police, have them removed.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?410-LETTER-USED-WHEN-A-DCA-THREATENS-A-DOORSTEP-VISIT

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• 1 month later...

So far so good, what they do now is to flog it on to another outfit to attempt collection. They get the same treatment.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone RESULT!! - Ambrose have written to confirm they cannot enforce the debt and will cease all chasing activity.

On the downside on the same day my folks received a letter from simply be (same firm) about her account with them. We cca'd them and they have come back at us threatening an enforcement order from the court as this one was taken out after April 2007. They say a change to the Consumer Credit Act in 2006 means they can still pursue?

Is this likely to happen?

Congrats!

Just a small point, Make sure you get full confirmation that they will not pass on or sell the debt to any of their DCA friends. Otherwise, some other company will harass you down the line.

Edited by renegadeimp

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

On the downside on the same day my folks received a letter from simply be (same firm) about her account with them. We cca'd them and they have come back at us threatening an enforcement order from the court as this one was taken out after April 2007. They say a change to the Consumer Credit Act in 2006 means they can still pursue?

They are correct an account created April 2007 or after all they have to prove is that they had the goods but I would just make a realistic offer of payment to them if they argue than £1 a month and listen to them scream.

dpick

Hi everyone RESULT!! - Ambrose have written to confirm they cannot enforce the debt and will cease all chasing activity.

Is there a CCJ that has been granted?

Congrats!

Just a small point, Make sure you get full confirmation that they will not pass on or sell the debt to any of their DCA friends. Otherwise, some other company will harass you down the line.

Yeah - my mum got a letter confirming they will call off the dca

Thats just them ceasing their activity. You need a letter that specifically states that they will not pass or sell the debt to any other company.

Thats just them ceasing their activity. You need a letter that specifically states that they will not pass or sell the debt to any other company.

i'll double check the letter when im at my mums tomorrow and report back

If theres no CCJ, then they cant get any enforcement orders. It needs to go to court, and have a judgement granted first, then have you default on that judgement.