Acenden Mortgage arrears / Charges and Possession Hearing

poker_mad
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4423 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Over the last few months I have got a bit behind with my mortgage payments due to lack of work (self employed).

Looking at the letters and mortgage statements arriving from acenden with ever increasing charges I decided to send them a SAR to see what I could attempt to claim back.

The amount I plan to claim is almost half of my arrears.

I sent off a letter asking for these charges back and received a reply within a few days, basically informing me they are looking in to my complaint and will get back to me within 4 weeks.

The next day I received Court papers as they have applied for a repossession order.

I'm looking for advise on which way to go now, I am confident that I can bring my mortgage payments up to date before the hearing (minus the amount of charges).

I doubt they will give up without a fight so should I start a separate claim against them for charges?

Thanks in advance

If you can pay the true arrears figure before the hearing and Acenden don't cancel the hearing then you can show the judge the amount of charges they are claiming as arrears. In the meantime you should write to Acenden pointing out that the amount they say is arrears contains charges which you will be claiming back and that you will be in a position to pay the missed payments (true arrears) by a certain date. .

If you need help with a letter please let us know.

What date is the hearing and what date do you think you will be able to pay the arrears ?

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

• 2 weeks later...

I too have arrears with Acenden which date back over a few years .. I have made regular payments since this situation began, missing the odd one here and there but paying in the region of £200-£300 off my arrears.

It has recently come to light that although I have cleared almost £4000 off the arrears they have added almost £3000 in monthly charges, upto £115pm whether a payment has been made or not ..

I have been looking at ways to attempt to recover these charges but have been anxious to do so for the very reason you have made in your post .. that they may react with a possession order!!!

If things continue in this way I will never get ahead but I'm very worried to pursue them for recovery!!??

Any advise will be very happilly recieved ...

Warm regards,

Michelle