• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Minicredit hardest nut to crack

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4316 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Right, constant emailing, no response, charges added now up to £502. Emailed clims dept and they have set up a hardship account. Want all details which they are not going to get. Having asked them to freeze charges and interest 8 days ago.

They want the hardship form faxed. Do I just keep emailing ?

what was your original loan amount? i dont think ive ever heard of minicredit setting up a hardship account before!! keep emailing, keep copies of everything. i never got anywhere with minicredit. only got somewhere when i went to deal with Opos. Minicredit refused to budge.

Original was £300, have already paid £497 in extensions and rollovers. Today they phoned on my mobile at work 3pm, nightmare. Sounded like a recorded message.

Am inspired by your story Emma.

Keep persisting with the letters and emails. They are making it blatantly obvious that they are refusing all contact just so they can pile on charges.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Good luck!. My sister finally had a response through about her letter to minicredit. They insist they never had any contact off her ( despite sending the mail recorded delivery and it being signed for) and they said they are sending doorstep collectors. I felt like writing back and saying go ahead. See what they say to a 6 ft 2, 245 lb ex rugby player answering the door to them ;)

I have no doubt you'll get through to them. It's just going to take time and persistance.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Amazing. £570 today, just one text, and another email stating they have set up a hardship account, and they need full I & E.

Replied with I will not furnish you with those details, you are not entitled to it.

Offered them £40 a month, as I have been continously for the last 14 days.

At least you are getting somewhere.

Some movement, just need to know what to reply to this ? They are in effect offering a repayment plan but won't stop adding charges :

The first option is a settlement. The settlement means that when You contact our Customer support we are able to reduce the current outstanding balance and waive some of the failed debit attempt fees. The settlement must be paid over the phone during the phone-call with a debit/credit card.

The second option we are able to provide You is a settlement plan. We provide all our clients 120 days from the due date to make payments of any amount towards their outstanding balance. Your current loan has been overdue for 12 days which provides You 108 days to make payments of any amount. You would need to make at least one payment a month towards the balance. After the 108 days You would need to make a full and final settlement offer. Microcredit Ltd will then overlook all the payments we have received and they will be taken into consideration while calculating the settlement. This option provides You approximately until the middle of August 2012 to try to get the Loan cleared. The reasonable settlement amount must cover the daily interest for every day our funds have been used, the loan principal and the two penalties for breaking the Loan agreement. The interest is 1% of the Loan principal which in Your case at the moment is GBP3.00 per day. We are able to waive most of the failed debit attempt fees (GBP5.00 per every empty transaction when the funds are not available on the registered debit card.)

Microcredit does not provide You the dates nor the amounts when You need to make the payments. The partial payments possibility is available 24/7 on Your minicredit online account under "Repayment" section. The most important part is that at least once a month a payment of any amount must be made. The loan should be cleared latest by the 10th of August 2012.

Ask them to justify the £5 for each failed attempt. See what they say, since it costs them nothing unless the transaction was successful.

And still they come back with nothing but fill in the Hardship form. We are sticking to the agreement...blah, blah.

Have replied with the OFT line :

The OFT has stated 'it is a basic principle that creditors cannot refuse to accept payments from a debtor. If we receive evidence of a creditor operating a deliberate policy of refusing to accept debtor created repayments plans to the point where it is causing more detriment we may view this as an unfair business practice'

and accused them of further financial distress.

Send it again as their agreement cannot overrule law.

FOS said I had to wait for complaint procedure to kick in.

However today I've just asked Minicredit why they did not respond to my original email stating I was in financial difficulty.

Did you issue a formal complaint with minicredit yet? You need to have done this to start the 8 week timer.

Hmm. They cant find the initial email? Tbh i wouldnt have forwarded them it, but thats just me. Should any further action be taken, you can easily show a court or the PDL or whoever else, the full headers of the email.

Did you send the harrassment letter. If so you need to complain to the oft and ofcom .

Morning Rene, always good to see your light on :)

Formal complaint has gone in regarding uncooperative stance at coming to a mutually agreed repayment plan. Also words to the effect that the 'Hardship 'account set up was sensitive information which they are not entitled to, under OFT regulation and the Data Protection Act etc

Harrassment by txt and mobile was also in there, along with the fact they sent me an OFT information sheet, yet don't seem to adhere to OFT guidlines themselves.

Rounded off with the fact they seem to deny receiving any of my emails a week before I defaulted.

Lots of ammunition :)