style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4120 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just got off phone to Barstons re parking ticket payment. Cannot believe how civilised they were, probably be a lot different if I refused to pay ! Have they been dragged over the coals recently ?

I emailed my parking athourity saying that if you google Barstons look past their glamorous, award winning website and see some of the negative feedback they get concerning their ruthless debt collecting activities. Are you happy to have these people working for you , and to be assosiated with ? I wont hold my breath waiting for a reply.As Barstons do not reply to e-mails. Would it be agood idea to email them the complete works of Shakespeare !!:-D

Pointless to waste good literature on a bunch of ignoramuses, they probably think "the works of Shakespeare" is the name of a local boozer!! They are so thick skinned they could be put on the frontline in Afghanistan without any protective clothing.

Wd

It isn' t the quality its the quantity thats important, clog up their inbox. Start a campaign OCCUPY Marstons inbox . Seriously I cannot believe that local authorities who employ these thugs do not at least moniter or vet them. A bit like buying a car without taking it for a test drive. Sub contracting out debt collection to a third party must save the authorities money, but the amount of phone calls and enquiries, complaints and grief they have to deal caused by these clowns must outweigh the savings made

couldn't agree more with this post...it would be interesting to find out how many man hours are spent unravelling the queries their appointed bailffs bring. I bet it would be cheaper to have a dedicated member of staff to deal with them all.

WD

I agree, when phoning my authority about parking ticket you get stock, weary reply nothing to do with us contact bailiff, but the buck must stop with them. Does any one know how long contracts are issued for, are they reviewed every year? Who would want to be associated with this outfit, it is like announcing to the world my best friend is a pervert !

• 10 months later...

So we know Marstons are monitoring this site but are they trying to gag the cag ? With their ill gotten

gains is a super injunction heading our way.? Simple solution get your baliffs to behave and problems

would not arise and send your call centre staff for re training.

Fulhamboy,

You only have to look at this part of the forum to know that so many people are desperate for help an assistance and posts like this particular one are not helpful. In fact, you may be surprised to know that this forum is actually viewed by the vast majority of bailiff companies.

As for a "super injunction" this is just very silly.

I have to agree wholeheartedly with TT's post, you must never lose sight to the fact that bailiffs in majority of cases are following instructions to collect....not many people will disagree with that BUT it is the way in which they carry out their instructions that creates 'fury', if they played to the rules the silence would be deafening.

WD

Yes there is a world of difference between Barstons glossy website and the way its bailiffs behave. Isn' t it in their interests to

keep their house in order so that when bidding for future contracts for eg they appear above reproach and fit for purpose. As far as I am concerned it is legalized extortion, how they can turn a £50 fine into £500 in a blink of an eye. Are we supposed to take the moral high ground and hope through dialogue Barstons are going to change their ways. Dont hold your breath. They are a juggernaut out of control in pursuit of profit.

Bailiffs are allowed to add certain charges for legitimate work that they do. If they claim more then it isn't legal - end of.

What possible grounds could they have for seeking a super injunction against CAG? I can't imagine why marstons would have any more reason or opportunity than any other organisation or business caggers have problems with.

Why do you think either that they may try and get one or more importantly, why any court would grant one. I'm not aware that CAG is doing anything wrong. The admin and site team take great care to ensure that everything on CAG is within the law. In fact some would say we're too careful. If you know different please let us know so we can put it right.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Agreed caro, so long as anything posted is accurate, reflects facts, with proof available, and not exaggerated they are in no position to try a takedown

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Caro: excellent post, what mine ?

I was being sardonic, where would all caggers be without this excellent , informative website and I bet all bailiffs and dcas wish this site wasnt around . By sharing information and supporting each other we can hopefully keep the bailiffs and dcas in check. It looks like Barstons are going for world domination and from the amount of posts they are getting they are getting too big for their boots and riding roughshod over anyone who gets in their way.

I am glad that we are a thorn in the side, lets keep it up because the authorities seem too slow or reluctant to intervene at times.