• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Nemo loan but PPI sold through broker Bright Finance

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3694 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I am looking for some advise now that the banks seem to be refunding PPI.

I took out a secured loan in 2005 with Nemo Personal Finance.

It was done through a broker Bright Finance who no longer exist.

I tried to reclaim the PPI on the loan as I believed that it was mis sold.

Nemo said that they couldn't do anything as they never sold the PPI.

I eventually went through the FCFS and got refunded what had been paid so far.

However the PPI was not taken off my loan and I am still repaying the PPI.

Is there anything that can be done to get this removed or because the broker no longer exists and I accepted the payment through FCFS is there nothing I can do?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks

The original PPI was £3712.50 payable at £33.66 a month. I have phoned Nemo in the past to cancel it but they advised that my payments would not come down as they did not know how much of my monthly payments were loan and what was PPI.

By the time the loan is paid off the amount of PPI payable will be £10,098.00.

The amount given in compensation was £5,290.91.

All I am looking for is for the interest on the PPI part of the loan to stop but not sure that there is anything I can do?

Thanks

Normal practice would be to refund the premiums, interest plus 8% statutory interest for the amounts actually paid.

As the policy was mis-sold it should be automatically cancelled and the "future" loan adjusted to remove the remaining ppi part of the loan.

I take it this was a single premium ppi added to the loan at the outset?

ims

Yeah it was a single premium but as it was through a broker Nemo refused to adjust the loan to take the PPI off.

Do you think it is worth writing to them to say that I request the adjust to be made as I believe it was mis sold?

Thanks

pers id just put in a claim to the oc.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

original creditor

whom you paid your PCM too

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 1 month later...

I have now been in touch with Nemo on this who said they don't have to adjust the loan so the PPI interest is not being paid anymore and that I need to go back to FSCS. when I phoned the FSCS they said I had to go through Nemo.

Any suggestions on what I should do next?

Thanks

me thinks you need to direct them to the FOS website

where it is CLEARLY stated in several places they must recontruct the loan

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/publications/technical_notes/ppi.html

dx

and they

• 4 months later...
Yeah it was a single premium but as it was through a broker Nemo refused to adjust the loan to take the PPI off.

Do you think it is worth writing to them to say that I request the adjust to be made as I believe it was mis sold?

Thanks

I am trying to get this straight in my head also. i have a claim going through with FSCS against nemo. if i am successfull i should get all my PPI premiums back plus interest.

What should happen to the nemo loan? should they readjust by writing off the PPI element and reassigning my payments to the loan only?

sorry for being a bit thick

yes

dx

and they

dx many thanks for the speedy response.

to be absolutley sure:-

if principal loan was £60k with £11,850 ppi on top taken out in 2006. Nemo currently reckon account is sitting at £75k.

if the fscs find in my favour they will refund me £11,850 plus interest paid plus 8%?

then nemo (roughly) will deduct the same amount from the £75k and then apply my payments made to the reduced figure?

in addition i havent paid nemo for 6 months and they havent chased - can i ask them to freeze interest during the period in which we were in dispute?

if i sell my house before this is resolved is there any way i can prevent nemo from taking the full £75k

thanks in advance

post 11 explains it

dx

and they

• 8 months later...

Hi,

We took out a loan in 2005 with Nemo.

It was through the broker Bright finance.

We tried to reclaim our PPI through Nemo and they said it had nothing to do with them and we needed to go to the broker Bright Finance.

I took this to the FOS who advised that I needed to go to the FSCS.

They advised that we were eligible for compensation and we received the original premium plus what we had paid in interest to 24th August 2010.

I thought that Nemo would still have to rewrite the loan so that it was as though the PPI was never there.

They said that they did not have to do this and we have now still being paying interest on the PPI since 2010.

My question is should they have rewritten the loan and if so should they now have to also pay back the interest we have paid on the PPI since 2010?

Thanks

correct

its even in the FOS guidelines.

dx

and they

• 3 weeks later...

just reading your thread we have much the same nemo have recalculated and taken our over payments and interest owed to us but we now owe a lot more than when we started they want to increase our monthly payments by £250.00 each month what cowboys

• 5 months later...
Update. The FSCS refunded my PPI payments to me. However Nemo (and the FOS upheld this!) state they do not have to restructure the loan as the money wasnt paid to them.

i dont think this is right. Any advise appreciated.

It is right. They didn't sell the product and the complaint that was upheld was not against them. Therefore they cannot be forced to do anything.

You should cancel the cover (if you haven't done so already) which will generate a rebate, albeit a less than proportionate one. You should then go back to the FSCS and ask to be compensated for the PPI you will pay over the remaining term of the loan as a result of the less than proportionate rebate.

If you have already signed a full and final disclaimer then FSCS may not consider it any further but it is worth a shot.

• 4 months later...

Hi,

Looking for some advice we received a cheque for FSCS back in 2010 for mis sold PPI.

We took the loan out through broker Bright Finance.

The loan is with Nemo.

When we accepted the cheque we were of the understanding that the loan would be adjusted to stop any future PPI interest.

I have been round the houses several times and from another post on here see that Nemo do not have to rewrite the loan to exclude the PPI interest.

If I had known this at the time I would have questioned the amount with the FSCS.

There is still 10 years left on my loan

so my question is

will I be able to go back to the FSCS and request the subsequent payments that I have made and will make to be refunded?

Thanks

sri you've lost me

what do you mean, the ppi was not cancelled?

dx

and they

As I went through Bright Finance to get the loan (they are the ones who sold the PPI)

then the FSCS refunded me the payments I had made and the original PPI Premium.

However, it is Nemo that the loan is with and therefore it is them that we pay the repayments of the loan to and the PPI amounts.

When the PPI was found to be mis sold and the refund given from the FSCS

Nemo never adjusted the loan and therefore we are still paying the interest of the PPI over the term of the loan.

I expect they did

how do you know you are paying it still?

and they