RBS Advice. Whats Your View On This Bit Then?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4417 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i wont bore the behind off you all with the full story, i have sent

a letter to the ombudsman though and my mp.

on the 24/03/07 i recieved a phone call from someone at RBS

this is what they wrote on my Diary Event History

’Call to Customer. Cust adv loan guard has been stopped as been over a year so not able to afford loan payments or make any payments to excess amount. Cust is on benefits. ADV CUST ONLY OPTION IS TO DEFAULT ACCOUNT. ADV CUST DEFAULTED ACCOUNT (my emphasis). Will still rec calls in between’’

obviously RBS would do what was best for me and as a mere decorator i thought

that they were trying to help me.

how wrong can one be? i was telling my lawyer yesterday and he was baffled as to why

any company would advise you to default, what would they gain?

all was revealed today. after taking the RBS advice as that was my best option, according

to them anyway and charges etc would cease i was informed that i was owe them £26,000

now i have never heard a peep from anyone at RBS since 2007 not a call or letter.

i have recieved no statements, not a thing.

now i believe that RBS lied to me that default was my best option because they

had an inhibition on my house. an inhibition i knew nothing of as i recieved no

letter to tell me.

as Rbs were not talking to me or sending out statements of any kind they have

been battering interest, lawyers fees and costs on whilst i have been oblivious

to what they were doing

i believe they conned me into having thousands of £'s added to a debt whilst

keeping schtum

whats your views folks? have they acted in a manner not becoming of the banking

industry? lol

if you think they have told me a blatant lie to make money what would be the chances

of taking them to court?

cheers

p.s. i have 5 letters from rbs lawyers anderson fyfe rejecting 5 offers i made

to pay a £10,000 lump sum and another £6,000 over 2 years so in no way

can they claim i have not tried to clear the debt

check your CRA file

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hello there.

We're quite keen to learn more about the inhibition. You mention that you never had any correspondence, have you ever had notification from the sheriff court?

There would need to be a court decree for payment. If the inhibition was obtained before 1st April 2008 it is technically possible to have a decree granted without a decree if the creditor beleived that you were about to dispose of the property. This process is quite rare.

As Dx suggests checking your credit file could be a good move, you may also wish to check the register of Inhibitions and Adjudications at the Land Registry Offices in Edinburgh:

http://www.ros.gov.uk/fees/information_fees.html

Is it possible to seek clarification on when you last made a payment?

Best wishes,

National Debtline.

For Free, Confidential and Independent advice: 0808 808 4000

Monday - Friday 9am to 9pm // Saturday 9.30am to 1pm // 24-hour voicemail. Please leave a message to request an information pack. http://www.nationaldebtline.org // http://www.mymoneysteps.org

cheers for the prompt replies folks, before i answer can i just say a word of

praise for my mp ian murray. i e-mailed him last night about my complaint with rbs

he acknowledged my mail this morning and just mailed to say he has taken it to the

top with rbs and is it ok if i can wait till tuesday for any further reply as rbs are on the easter holiday.

now down to business, there was nothing regarding an inhibition on my credit check with experian, a friend

of mine checked the land register again nothing.

i have had no letters by post or hand delivered regarding an inhibition and signed nothing. the first

i heard of it was on the final day of signing to sell my house. my lawyer said to lift the inhibition

i was to pay rbs £29,000 (the total of the loan with all the add ons was £31 k and i had payed

around the £14 k mark before the default. i do not know if i was advised to default as rbs knew an inhibition was in place

and if i ever sold my house it would kick in.

but how convenient that i never knew about it and fees ,charges and interest kept being added that

i was not aware of.

rbs wont speak to me its their lawyers anderson brown (gillian finnegan) who run it. plenty

big fees to be added there eh? when i spoke personally to the lawyer the figure was now £26 k. when i asked

how this figure was reached i was told that rbs had gave her the figure.

i spoke to her today again (more fees) and she said she had asked rbs urgently to send HER a breakdown

of the debt. i suppose i may get to check it eventually.

i also asked her to find out why i was advised to default but they seemingly forgot to advise me there would

be an inhibition put in place and £1,000's of charges, interest etc

why on earth would i or anyone else take advice to get even deeper in debt and not know about it?

as i see it they just sit and add fees knowing that one day you will sell and the fees etc that are added

yearly will suddenly appear and you knew nothing about them

when (or if) i ever get a list of how im £26 in debt for following rbs advise ill put them up here.

note i had to ask for a breakdown of the debt i think i was supposed to hand over £26 k

'as a goodwill gesture'

because of a mix up with my dads will, process has went through the sherrif court to make

me executor and sole owner and nothing about an inhibition showed up

cheers folks ill keep you all posted

• 1 month later...

well folks i have had more letters from anderson fyfe the rbs lawyers.

first off the inhibition that was put on the house. i have recieved the court paper granting the inhibition and

two certificates of execution of inhibition

i shall quote just a wee bit

on Thirtieth day of June Two Thousand and Eight at 15.15. This was done as after reasonable enquiry i confirmed the defenders residence and he was not available to accept service. i did this in the presence of

anderson fyfe sent me two of these inhibitions alledgedley put through my door. i have evry bit of

paperwork from rbs and anderson fyfe and regal credit yet. no inhibition. gillian finnigan at anderson fyfe said they do not need to hand them over in person.

i now have a meeting getting set up by my mp ian murray where he and i shall meet with someone

from rbs.

they claimed to him that they had done a full and thourough investigation and e mailed him with their case.

i ripped every part of what they wrote up and i have the letters to prove they are being economical with the truth.

two weeks ago anderson fyfe said i was owe them just under £27,000 last week anderson fyfe said its just under £26,000 i owe them lol i have had at least 10 seperate figures. my lawyer selling the house suggested i pay what they want then hope rbs will play fair with me lol absolutely no chance

once this is all over if anyone would like the whole sorry tale for future reference i shall supply copys of everything i have and all details in case others are victims of following rbs advise

thanks again folks

Edited by hibbiejim
sent by mistake before i was finished