Please help been suspended from work

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4461 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been employed by my employer for 2yrs 9 months withno previous hassle or disciplinary proceedings

Today I was suspended pending further investigation on full pay and commission

Im so stressed out and feel ill about what has been going on

I have been suspended indefinetly

If i see a doctor tomorrow and am signed off from work, will I still be paid ( i get full sick pay for 3 months) can i be sacked/dismissed whilst off on sick

Lastly I think my position will become redundant within 3 months, if im off on the sick will I be entitled to Redundancy pay off?

Thanks In Advance :)

what is the allegation ? and what is the reason for suspension ?

for someone to be suspended there has to be a good reason for the suspension and /or it has to be an allegation of Gross misconduct (i.e. potential serious misconduct with a good reason is a valid suspension - especially if the suspension is to protect evidence or prevent harm to clients or colleagues - but general misconduct with no reason to protect people or process would not be a good reason for a suspension beyond sending you home on the day in question for everyone to calm down a bit)

If you are signed off sick you run the risk of the issue being dragged out as many employers will put any investigation on hold until you are either signed back fit / seen by Occy Health, alternatively they may continue with the investigation and disciplinary action regardless

you can be dismissed while off sick and by going off sick you potentially give them another reason to dismiss you by virtue of capability on attendance grounds depending on your previous absence records

you need to speak to a union / professional representation org representative if you are a member of such an organisation, otherwise CAB or other employment rights advice - as you may not be able to go Legal while it's Internal to your employer.

I have had NO period of sickness in the time ive been employed

Only signed off work following a car crash that is all

So going off sick will delay them?

I have money outstanding and by delaying them I will be paid what Im owed

What happens with regards to the position becoming redundant

Would i be eligible for pay off whilst on sick if position/s become redundant?

OP

- if you are suspended you will be paid as per the normal pay runs

- if you have no other recent absences due to sickness they are unlikely to be able to go down a capability (attendance) route

- redundancy and dismissal due to misconduct are separate issues, if there is likely to be redundancies you should assessed , graded and decisions made on the basis of the published assessment criteria agreed with any unions / staff representation organisations recognised by the work place, that said written warnings or Final warnings in force at the time of assessment are sometimes used in grading at risk staff for redundancy

in the case of the current situation

- WHAT IS THE ALLEGATION ?

- WHAT IS THE STATED REASON FOR SUSPENSION ?

tttf not sure why your doctor would sign you off as you cant really say you are ill with stress as this dosnt come on overnight. Obviously you are worried but that is a normal reaction, I would avoid having stress on your work record if you can avoid it, avoid this for now if you can, you would be entitled to sick pay if you are off but yes thay could still sack you and as far as I am aware they can still make you redundant.

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and let me know, thank you.