Received letter from wescot re old o2 account - help Please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3835 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

they are not the owner they can safely be ignored

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have recevied a letter today from Nelson Quest in that Westpots Have instructed them to collect the outstanding balance.

This is an ongoing complaint with the ombudsman therefore surely are Westpts not in breach?

If I am right then I have drafted the following I would be grateful if someone could read through and advise me if this is the right thing to do and say:

I must admit that I am rather bemused as to why this account has been passed to yourselves, as it is in dispute with Telefonica/Wescot and since 25th May 2012 a official complaint has been logged with the Financial Ombudsman which to date has not been resolved.

I consider your actions to be a breach of OFT collection guidelines

As you are aware while my Consumer Credit Act request remains in default enforcement action is NOT permitted, under s127 this constitutes a complete defence at law.

Consequentially any legal action you pursue will be averred as both UNLAWFUL and VEXATIOUS.

Now I would respectfully suggest that this account is returned to Telefonica/Wescot for resolution of these defaults and breaches, as Telefonica/Wescot cannot lawfully pursue any enforcement activities.

If Wescot chooses to ignore my dispute and attempt enforcement, I will initiate legal action and file reports with the appropriate authorities, including, but not limited to, Trading Standards, Office of Fair Trading, Information Commissioners Office, Financial Ombudsman Service and possible court action.

After taking advice, I am of the opinion that any continued pursuit is in violation of the Administration of Justice Act 1970 section 40 as well as breaching a number of the OFT Collection Guidelines

I hope that this will not be necessary and an acceptable solution can be accomplish

Many thanks md:???:

i'd send nowt

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

they are a dca they have NO LEGAL powers to dictate anything

they do not own the debt

further activity.....haha....another silly letter.

ignore them

dx

and they

Hi dx

Whilst I appreciate what you are saying Wescot/Nelson Pest Solicitors are stating they are acting on behalf of O2.

md

In which case O2 should respond to your complaint letter or you need to complain as in post #24.

If you really want to get into post ping pong just write back to Nelson stating you have an ongoing complaint with O2 which you are raising with the phone Ombudsman and so politely do one.

S.

• 1 month later...

Hi All

Well what a waste of space the ombudsan is, they ruled in favour of o2 stating that I gave no proof of not receiving e-mails and letters. They were not bothered that o2 gave no evidence that they sent correspondence then I really did not expect more as ombudsman!

I did not except their ruling.

Today I received a letter from Wescpots demanding payment and stating that if I did not pay then I could expect a doorstep collection.

Yes I know I shouldn't of done but I rang them to ask for a proof of earnings form so I could set up a standing order, to which that said they could not accept standing order (bulls***). They would if I was prepared to pay in full today they would give me a £100 discount, other than that they wanted 3 payments of £132.00. which I cannot afford.

Can anyone guide me

yes IGNORE THEM!!!

they are offering a discount now too,

that money will go to THEIR PROFIT POCKET

to enable them to harrass others like you got caught under

dx

and they

Thanks dx

The ombudsman however stated that I was liable for this payment and as I have now been threathened with a doorstep collection i dont feel i can ignore them how much i would want to.

Oh and another point the ombudsman stated that o2 should send me an apology as they failed with their customer service that they haven't done .

md

the obudsman IS NOT A JUDGE

and a DOORSTEPPER has NOI LEGAL RIGHT TO COLLECT MONEY FROM YOU

only a BAILIFF can do that.

dx

and they

I am in full agreement with you cerberusalert I argued this point, below is a paragraph from their findings

" I note that you advise that O2 is not sending anything to your new address, but that Wescot is. I

consider this is because O2 has sold the debt to Wescot, in light of your failure to make

payment. You have supplied no evidence that the company has been sending correspondence

to the incorrect address." How can you provide evidence that has gone to the wrong address - muppetts

I have been in my new address for over 18months and that was when I first let o2 know.

Any putting this aside and moving on I now have to deal with Westpots and becuase I rang them today can that be counted as acceptance of the debt?

md

Hi dx I know, I shouldn't but I let these low lifes get to me and panic - anyway I have sent wespots a letter informing them that they can only come to my house with an appointment and that i have no intention of giving them one, so take a hike!

md

IMHO ignore them.

dx

and they

You really shouldn't let these silly little children worry you, they are toothless.

They can do nothing.

They are NOT bailiffs.

They cannot take your money.

They have NO legal powers whatsoever.

Ignore them, the more you keep dancing to their tune, the more they will keep playing it.

IGNORE them.

Stop sending them letters, just like little children they'll get bored and move on to someone else.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• 4 months later...

If its getting passed around like that, then its very likely unenforceable, and you need to find out why.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Capquest probably bought the debt rather than just collecting for OC.

If you don.t want them to catch up with you,

just tell your parents to continue to return mail and cq will eventually give up.

However, if you want to find out more, you will most likely have at some point to disclose your new address.

In my opinion, you have already engaged in far too much letter tennis.

It achieves little other than to indicate weakness to the enemy.

So they pursue their prey.

thanks renegadeimp for your reply, any advice on how I would find this out?

md

Check your credit file and see if its listed, or SAR/CCA them

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

• 10 months later...

All went quiet on the crap quest front until today when I received the following:

As legal owner of this account we are able to obtain regular update from reference bureaux regarding your current financial position. We use this to evaluate what steps should be taken to get your account onto a paying status and assist you in repairing your credit file.

These updates include the following information about you;

1. Bank account balances

2. Credit and store card account balances and available credit

3. Details of unsecured personal loans and other credit agreements.

4. Mortgage and secure loan details.

We will use financial updates from the bureaux in conjunction with other factors in determining our recovery strategy, which may include legal action.

Then they go on about contacting them by 5.12.13 to agree an acceptable arrangement.

Well this is a new tactic to me, first thing I knew that they are the legal owners, they have been rining me but I haven't spoke to them.

Do I need to send them a prove it letter and I will only speak via letter o do I need another approach?

Would appreciate any advice.