style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4457 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Dont know if I'm in the right place or not, but I have a question I hope someone can answer.

I obtained a DRO (Debt Relief Order0 in May 2009. After 1 year the order expired and all debts were deemed to be written off. What I want to know is, I know I was mis sold PPI on one of my store cards, but seeing as that debt has now been written off, if I claimed, would they be entitled to keep any payments owing to me? Or, indeed can I still claim against them? Thank you.

The man of my dreams is where he wants to be. If he wanted me, he'd be here ... :eek:

Hi

Yes you can claim.

If the DRO has been properly concluded, signed off etc then I reckon the money should come to you.

Also you could consider that had the PPI not been added to the accounts, you may not have needed a DRO since your finances may have been in a better shape.

ims

Thanks for that Ims. I wasnt sure whether they'd be able to keep any monies claimed or not. The DRO expired in May 2010, and I have not heard from G E Money (that's who the store card was issued by) since then so I can safely assume they have written this debt off now. (I hope)

The man of my dreams is where he wants to be. If he wanted me, he'd be here ... :eek: