DLA upper tribunal appeal, asking why it's late???

orange6
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4465 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Hoping someone can help! I am one of many stuck in the long stressful process of appealing a DLA app for my son. So far I have been turned down by the first tier tribunal so I appealed to the upper tier. I sent my appeal letter to them which they recieved on 13th Feb (monday) they have replied to me asking why my request to appeal to the upper tier was late?? I have a feeling the first tier response was dated 12th Jan, are they being unreasonable saying it's too late by 1 day despite the 12th Feb being a Sunday??

Does anyone know how I could reply to that? Whats the best way to approach it? What would be an acceptable reason to them???

Really appreciate any help at all

Thanks

To be honest I didnt think it was? I thought i had one month from date of recieving decision which was 12th jan, they recieved it on 13th feb but the 12th was a sunday anyway! I just wondered if i should just plead that they accept it rather than them being unreasonable for one day?! Or should I claim I was waitng for info?

It was one day late so I would just explain why, it seems the reason was you didn't understand the calendar month system so didn't think it was late? Because the 12th was a Sunday, you needed to get your response there by the Friday before really knowing working hours but had it arrived on the Saturday and sat waiting to be opened on the Monday that would have been fine. Just say you misunderstood.