help needed..... Equita bailiff just been to door

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4469 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi i first posted on here yesterday explaining my situation, the bailiff has just turned up and lucky my partner was there as i felt intimidated. He said he wasnt prepared to accecpt payment offer, and handed me notice of seizure and inventroy of goods i refused to sign it, on it he listed my partners bmw which was parked on our drive :( he also handed me a bailiff removal notice giving 24hours to pay in full and it says if i dont contact then its taken as my refusal to pay. I did not let the bailiff into my home and reminded him as im classed as vunerable being 5months pregnant he just shurgged it off. I also asked him to produce his ID and he failed to do this, and i asked to see the liability order that he said he had with him when we spoke on the phone yesterday, he didnt show this either so i dont think he has it, he said i should of got one through the post? which i havent. Please can someone help with advice on what action i should take next thank you in advance.

Firstly have you contacted the council what was the outcome if any

NO FURTHER action should happen given that you are pregnant

The council are responsible for the bailiffs since yesterday i doubt the bailiffs know the full picture

do you have a garage you can put car in if so do.

once bailiffs are told by council action should stop

consider complaining to local government ombudsman or threaten council with it

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

Ive just contacted to council he kept saying i had to speak with bailiff so i explained that he wouldnt make payment arranement with me and he said yes thats because you have broken them in the past :( I explained that i was pregnant and that id spoken to citizens advice, he has now said to go down with proof of my pregnancy to see if i can stop the bailiff action my plan is now to take all my pregnancy notes down and see where i stand.

NO law says you have to deal with bailiffs cant see what council problem is provide them with proof and hope it gets sorted

similar thing happened to me a year or more ago when my 2 month old son was in intensive care council got all funny and wanted proof as was late paying as more important things to think about and council tax was below bottom at the time.

hope you get this sorted soon

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

Hi Can I ask if the outstanding matter is due to council tax or a fine? If its a fine youre going to have real problems getting it on a payment plan as the courts dont look favourably on it due to the fine already having had a chance to be paid but ignored. That and it will have gone back before northapmton county court again so they are more keen to collect full payment. If its council tax theres no reason that they should reject a reasonable payment schedule.

Hi thanks to everyone who has helped me with this matter, im pleased to say ive finally had result:-) It was for council tax arrears, i contacted the recovery team at the council again and they told me i need to prove my pregnancy, i went down to the office and was seen i explained everything and she knew that bailiff action had to be stopped as im pregnant and vunerable. She photocopied all my pregnancy notes and rang recovery i have to pay 200 on friday and 100 every month to the bailiff. She said all action will be stopped and im just to ring 'Equita' each month and pay 100. Im so glad its been sorted, thanks again for all the advice, i have to say i do feel for people who dont know there rights and where to find help. Thanks again everyone :-)

I would be inclined to tell the council you will be paying them online directly as you do not trust Equita, you will have to pay Equita in cleared funds by the due day, which means that if it is due on Friday, you will have to pay it in on Monday so it is cleared by Friday, or they will say default and add more fees.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Never thought of that, when i ring council on friday to pay the 200 i wil mention that to them. They really arent a nice bunch of people at equita id rather ring council, at least i can relax now! Ive got my scan tomorrow so looking forward to that now to see if were having girl or boy:-)

If the council refuse to take payment over the phone them you should be able to make payment using their online payment facility (if they have one) or through internet banking. If you use the council online facility then make sure you print off a receipt as proof.

Feebee_71

What council is this?, as some councils have outsourced their back office function, to a company named Capita, who happen to own a couple of bailiff firms, one of them is surprise, Equita.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

It was Bolton Council, what do you know about them? Someone on here mentioned the same thing yesterday over a company called capita. I cant tell you how much I have learnt over the past day or so reading on this site. Cant thank people enough for taking the time to advise and help others on here, i think its fab :wink: xx

It was Bolton Council, what do you know about them? Someone on here mentioned the same thing yesterday over a company called capita. I cant tell you how much I have learnt over the past day or so reading on this site. Cant thank people enough for taking the time to advise and help others on here, i think its fab :wink: xx

Capita are one of those large, as in Corporate conglomerate that pervades many business sectors, as a service provider, some services being back office operation, as in say running the revenue department for a council, so when you phone the council you are speaking to Capita, not the council. Capita own some bailiff companies, Equita, and Ross & Roberts which is why I refer to a council who has capita in place as Capquita, you see where this is going? Capita also run TV Licensing for the BBC, so that bolshie TVL "Enforcement" Officer, who have less power than next doors cat is actually a self employed salesperson tasked with sellling a TV licence to an evader on pain of criminal conviction. Most people stitch themselves up like a kipper in that "doorstep interview under caution" which they don't actually have to do, they shut the door in his face, say nothing and he is powerless.

they also provide custom housing management software and services to Registered Social Landlords, so Housing Associations can be infested with them also

Birmingham C C is a Capquita stitch up, and questions are being asked by councillors there due to the level of complaints about Equita. not sure about Bolton, but other Caggers will know.

Addendum, done some digging, and it would appear that Capita are involved with Bolton, so when you speak to Council you are speaking to a Capita employee. see here:

http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/annual_council_spend_with_capita

Edited by brassnecked
extra info