Barclaycard Double Default!

SillyEgg1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4479 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

In 2009 I requested a CCA from Barclaycard and SAR. No response. I put the account in dispute until I received relevant terms and conditions applicable to me at time I signed Barclaycard in 1998. They kept sending me current terms and conditions. At this point I no longer had use of the card and had not made payment for some years.

in 2010 unknown to me Barclarcard has entered a default for the same credit card twice. What should I do?

Do I dispute the default?

Any advice appreciated.

Hi SillyEgg,

Have BC had your address over the years to write to you.

Are there 2 default notices against you for different amounts and dates.

Have they sent any default notices to you or anything else about the debt. Normally, Mercers or Calders would have contacted you about the a/c.

Did BC send you nothing in response to your CCA request.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi Slick,

Yes BC have had my address as I have been in my property for a long time. The defaults are for the same amounts and the same date. One by Barclaycard and one by a DCA.

Mercers had it for a while then passed to another DCA, then nothing for a year or so. They finally answered my CCA request, and sent a copy of agreement signed over ten years ago, with current T & C's . On this basis I held the account still in dispute as they did not fully comply with CCA request.

Hi SillyEgg,

I'm not clear on what basis you say the a/c remains in dispute if they've sent you the signed credit agreement.

If the Default has been registered twice, you can seek the removal of one of the entries.

Are there any default charges for late or missed payments or for being over-limit. These can be reclaimed in full to reduce the a/c balance.

The inclusion of these in the DN total would also render the DN technically inaccurate and void.

So please let us know about the charges position first as it may be best to deal with them first, and the DN issue after.

Have you checked to see if there was any mis-sold PPI on the a/c.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)