NATWEST CCJ amount owed going up not down

balster
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4478 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hmmmmm!

Just been checking my credit report and some strange things have just popped up.

I got a CCJ back in Nov 2007 for Natwest loan and 2 natwest overdrafts which I could not afford to pay.

Loan £20k

OD 1 = Default Balance £2800

OD 2 = Default Balance £1400

Natwest took me to court and via a CCJ I agreed to pay £200 a month back combined for all three debts.

I've been paying approx £200 a month since Nov 2007.

I pay back through Natwests lap dogs - Irwin Mitchell all paper work accounted for.

On my credit report it shows 2 OD's and 1 Bank Loan - which is fine.

Yet on my credit report it does show the bank loan amount coming down (by more than I expected) and the overdraftlink3.gif amounts going upmad.gif.

OD 1 = Current balance £5400

OD 2 = Current balance £2600

Yet 60 x £200 = £7200 and my loan amount is near 10k and not the 13k that I was expecting.

So even if they have been using the £200 to pay off the bank loan and not the OD's, the sums still don't match up! Make sense?

Who do I write to and what do I say? Surely there is something dodgy going on here?

Cheers

Support this great site where free invaluable advice is provided.

I've saved £1000's because of this site...so could you.

Your best bet is to contact Irwin Mitchell for exact

details It would be pure guess work as to what to

conclude is happening!!!

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

I agree, you need a full accounting. Do you have the order from the court and do you know if there is/was post judgment interest added to the CCJ.

Did you negotiate a freeze on the interest for the debts that didnt attract a CCJ.

As regards the loan, do you know if there was any Payment Protection Insurance on it ? If so, you might want to check a) that it is not still being added to the loan and also find out if was mis sold in which case, it might be worth your making a claim to have it refunded.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Your calculations are wrong - firstly 60 months have not passed since Nov 2007 - it is 52. Secondly 60 x 200 is 12000.

That'll be why it's not adding up. Though doesn't explain the increase in the ODs - charges may explain that.

Cheers chaps.

Yep, just read through the ccj and interest and any additional costs were frozen on the claim form.

Letter on way to Irwin Mitchell.

Edited by balster

lea_HTH - your spot on - more caffine required - very funny as I have a Maths and Computer Science Degree from Cambridge:lol:

cheers

Cheers chaps.

Yep, just read through the ccj and interest and any additional costs were frozen.

Letter on way to Irwin Mitchell.

I think I would make this a FORMAL COMPLAINT then

they MUST reply the downside is they have 8 weeks

to do so.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

The plot thickens, as I went to court 3 times and each of the orders says different, including interest and then it's crossed out etc...

Worse case scenario is that interest has been added - yet this was not mentioned (as far as I can remember) to the Judge.

And its not in any of the detail that was provided to the court - that I can see.

1) Letter to IR

2) Can I take any steps to have the interest frozen retrospectively?

Cheers

Also CCA to Natwest to find out if then can add interest to a post judgement agreement.

If they are adding interest then it will take me ages to pay off the amount.

And I remember the Judge clearly working out that it would take me approx 10 years to pay off the judgement amount.

Cheers

Form N30 clearly states that the claimant want 25k and interest to date of Judgement.

The final charging order states - "together with any interest becoming due and the costs of this application."

The costs are to be added to the judgement order

Can I do a CCA on a bank account?

I could be up the duff here as the Final charging order states - Including any further interest becoming due.

Yet - the additional interest is not stated anywhere else.

Is there anything that I can do to stop this interest accruing?

To find out what's been happening with your accounts you need to send off a DSAR making sure you include all your account numbers.

Were your accounts sent to CMS Telford?

Paul

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. <br />

Winston Churchill

This is the template that I am using, but it does not say anything about post judgement interest being added. I assume that ANY activities on my accounts will be provided:

Dear Sir/Madam

ACCOUNT NUMBER: xxxxxxxxx (or multiple numbers if more than one account)

Please supply me with all data that you hold on me. This includes in particular, but is not limited to, the following:-

1. The original signed, executed credit agreement and any terms and conditionslink3.gif that applied to the account at the time of default and at the time the account was opened.

2. Transcriptions of all telephone conversations recorded and any notes made in relation to telephone conversations by your company, or by any previous creditor

3. Where there has been any event in my account history over this period which has required manual intervention by any person, I require disclosure of any indication or notes which have either caused or resulted in that manual intervention, or other evidence of that manual intervention in relation to my account formerly held with ORIGINAL CREDITOR.

4. True copies of any notice of assignment and/or default notice or enforcement notice that you or the original creditor sent me, with a copy of any proof of postage that you hold.

5. Documents relating to any insurance added to the account, including the insurance contract and terms and conditionslink3.gif, date it was added and deleted (if applicable).

6. Details of any collection charges added to the account; specifically, the date it was levied, the amount of the charge, a detailed financial Breakdownlink3.gif of how the charge was calculated, and what the charge covers.

7. Specific details of the fees/charges levied by any other agency in respect of this account and a detailed breakdown of said fees/charges and what each charge relates to and on what date said fees/charges were levied.

8. A genuine copy of any notice of fair use of my data as required by the Data Protection Act 1998

9. A list of third party agencies to whom you have disclosed my personal datalink3.gif and a summary of the nature of the information you have disclosed.

10. Copies of statements for the entire duration of the credit agreement.

I enclose the statutory maximum fee of £10. You have 40 days in which to comply.

If there is specific information which you require in order to satisfy yourself as to my identity, please let me know by return. However, please note that the above address is the one which you normally use to communicate my private business to me and which you have hitherto found to be acceptable.

Yours faithfully,

Anyone know the address for which office Natwest handle a DSAR?

Cheers