£880 Just to regain access to my unit!

Empire Works
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6471 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

Really need your help on this one people :)

Basically I was charged a fee of £880 to a bailiff for literally changing the locks on my unit (due to the landlord claiming he had not recieved a cheque which is false but we have since left so thats no longer an issue)

I had to pay at the time as all my equiptment was inside and I was hoping to extend our lease which had been given its 6 months notice by the landlord.

I asked for a breakdown and I did check this forum before I paid but I was stuck as I had to get inside the unit and wanted to see if there was a chance I could change the landlords mind and keep the unit for longer....now Im out of there I dont give a rats .... about upsetting the guy so I want to claim back my money which was extorted out of me.

I recieved NO breakdown of the costs/charges which I asked for and was told would be sent...witness's and tenants tell me the bailiffs where onsite for only 30 minutes as the landlord has a full set of keys so they had an easy job.

I have filled in this form:

http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/form4_0606.pdf

Question is what now? Should I ask for a breakdown using the S7 Data protection act form or should I make my case as they have failed to give me a breakdown I asked for and go straight to court?

Thanks so much for checking this out, its money I need back as Im self employed!

J