euro car parks 'parking charge notice

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4445 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all,

I recieved a parking charge notice from euro car parks for parking in a bay for which the ticket I had purchased was not valid.

(There are 2 car parks operating within same area)

I wrote to euro car parks saying that I was unaware and unfamiliar with the area and had purchased a ticket with good intention etc etc

and would like them to view this favourably blah blah blah.

Today I received the reply saying that they will not accept this as a failure to pay

but say they will reduce the charge to £50 + the £1.50 debit charge or £2.50 cheque administration charge within 14 days.

To be honest the last bit about the admin charge annoyed me most and was googling their address to pay when this site came up and I read the posts.

My only concern is that I have communicated with them [edit]s already,

how do I stand? I would rather not pay them, going on the ticket time it them 5 minutes to slap it on my windscreen during a 2 hour slot.

Edited by honeybee13
Problem word.

safe to ignore them

glad you found us then!!!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 months later...

Hello again, have had 2 more letters from euro car parks, the first one upping the charge to £70 payable in 28 days which was ignored and one which arrived yesterday from a credit management company for £115 payable in 5 days and threatening 'serious legal consequences' and 'firm instructions to start legal proceedings and apply for a county court judgement if i do not pay'. Have you any idea how far they take this as can see these charges expanding into sillyness.

thats the whole idea

all designed to make you contact them!!

don't

they cant add charges to a speculative invoice

there is NO legal statute behind private car parking speculative invoices.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

yes

dx

and they

I know exactly where they are, they have a unit on a trading estate by Harris brush works.

ignore them, their bark is harder than their bite, there will be NO court, NO CCJ's, and NO legal repercussions.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

I have some Euro and Controlaccount papers that I've been ignoring for about three years.

What is the result of ignoring them?

You could get very lonely, because they stop sending you stuff to laugh at, it's almost as if they have gone off in a huff.

I had to compensate somehow, not having something to laugh at is a serious matter.

Stay with us here, and laugh at the antics of Euro, Controlaccount, VCS, TPS, and so many other inept companies, too numerous to mention!

[That last sentence should be spoken in one of those idiotic, breathless, growling, voices that advertise the latest contender for a slice of your cash at your local cinema box office]

Sam

All of these are on behalf of a friend.. Cabot - [There's no CCA!]

CapQuest - [There's no CCA!]

Barclays - Zinc, [There's no CCA!]

Robinson Way - Written off!

NatWest - Written off!