Hillesden Securities - removing second default for same debt

jsd1984
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4518 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello people, this is my first post, so go easy!

Right here's the situation:

I messed up with a Captial One credit card in 2004 after only having it for a short time. In 2008 I received a letter from DLC (Hillesden Securities) asking for the balance, some £550. I requested the CCA, which promptly came back. So I began paying it off over 14 months, and made the last payment in uly 2010.

Earlier this week I accessed my credit reports. On CallCredit there is an entry for Hillesden, as follows:

Account Opened: 5 August 2004

Last Updated: 1 July 2010

Opening Balance: £0

Current Balance: Closed 2 July 2010

Monthly Change: Account Closed

Worst Status: SF -The account has been satisfied. The payment status has been reported as in default.

Account Holder Status: Normal

Account Status: Default

Reported Until: July 2013

Default Date: 14 July 2007

Default Satisfied Date: 2 July 2010

Lender Contacts HILLESDEN SECURITIES LIMITED

I don't know if Capital One sent me a default in 2004 because I moved house. But I find it hard to believe they didn't issue one until 3 years later, as is suggested above. I'd hoped the default was issued before then because 6 years would have elapsed and I could get it removed. Is this likely to be a case of Hillesden simply applying their own default when they took over the debt?

How can I find out if and when Capital One did issue a default? SAR to Hillesden?

When I view my CallCredit report, Hillesden has placed a black box with a 'D' in it for every month between March 2008 and July 2010, showing the account is in default.

Ironically, I opened a new account with Capital One last year and they've since increased my limit!

I'd love to get this removed, so any help would be great.

Cheers

it would not have been hillies that put anythingon your cra

it would have been the oc

they just get their name put against it when they buy the debt.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Ah bummer :/ Thanks anyway dx.

Is it normal for people like Capital One to wait three years before applying a default? I'm surprised they gave me another card after defaulting me less than 4 years earlier!

no there is certainly something weird there i agree

but if it was the OC or the DCA is really no issue

sri if i'm being dense - when was YOUR last financial transaction?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi dx

My last dealings direct with Capital One would have been late 2004. I do recall having a debt management plan through a company called Gregory Pennington in mid/late 2005, which probably didn't last more than a few months. I believe I was paying Capital One off through this, but cannot remember if GP were paying Capital One directly, or a DCA. Either way, the default date listed is at least 18 months after my last possible transaction.

I really thought it would have been issued earlier. Can I ask Hillesden for more info?

I'm also a bit concerned about an old NatWest debt rearing its head with a much later default date than I had hoped.

I owe them about £4k, with the last transaction and communication with them being in Feb 2007,

so I'm hoping to cling on another year for statute barred, if they do finally catch up on me.

I am expecting something though;

after reading a lot of posts on here I guess they'll buy it cheaply before it's due to expire (in Feb 13) and start hounding me.

I don't want to suddenly be slapped with a default and have to wait 6 years from now for it it disappear

- or will the default disappear with SB, regardless if a default was issued less than 6 years ago?

Nothing on my CallCredit or Equifax though.

Still waiting for access to Experian.

I doubt NatWest is on there though

- I've worked to improve my credit and am hoping to have it sparkling next year

- I've managed to get a credit card, overdraft, mobile phone etc and want to progress to a mortgage in 2014.

Cheers

a default does not holld the a/c on the cra.

another alarm bell here to greg pen

they are notorious for not passing on payments

dont pull any dca's string

it might not be a bad idea to ring cap1 and ask the specific question, when was mty last payment to you.

dont talk or ans q's about anything else

just ask that one question

or you could sar them for £10

dx

and they