Arrows and old A+L Keyway Account - poor CCA return?

BIGLOUIS
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4523 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a very old debt (1995) originally with A&L currently with Arrow Global/Rockwell. I paid off this debt until May 2009 through a CCCS DMP and it has been passed through several DCAs. At that point I stopped paying.

It it currently with Arrow Global and being managed by Rockwell. I was sent a letter by Fenton Cooper on their behalf.

I recently sent a CCS request and have been sent in response a very indistinct and blurred photocopy of what looks like my original agreement. The photocopy has reduced the pages which were originally A4 to about A5 size. This was supplied by Santander (my current bank)

Even with a very strong magnifying glass it is impossible to read the terms and conditions of this document to ascertain whether these contain the prescribed terms. This is because the copy is poor, dark and blurred. I am willing to post this online but doubt that it would serve any useful purpose for experienced members to look at.

My reaction is to write back to the sender and tell them that this document is unacceptable. I assume that a "true copy" would be something that was the same size as the original document and a legible copy. This would certainly not be acceptable to a court.

Before I do this advice would be valued.

You have right send the the account in dispute letter

from the CAG library and clearly state they are in breach

of CCA 1974 as the agreement is ilegible.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Yes thats what I assumed! What I have appears to be a "photocopy of a photocopy" from A&L's dead records.

I am also in doubt as to whether this is even the correct agreement. The default was concerning an A&L credit card but what I can read of this document refers to a "Keyway" account. This as I recall is a very old type of A&L account which eventually in the course of time became simply an ordinary current account. Indeed I still have this account! So I am pretty sure its the wrong document entirely.

Perhaps there are some members with aged A&L accounts/experience who can recall what a "Keyway" account was.

I will send the "account in dispute" letter in response. Thanks.

• dx100uk changed the title to Arrows and old A+L Keyway Account - poor CCA return?