Settled Account, still showing as outstanding CCJ

capcom
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4516 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

About to make written contact with OC regarding entry on credit file and require advice to my rights or opintions on how best to proceed.

1. defaulted on CC £671.00

2. default date on report 04/04/07

3. Made payment of £150.00 to OC collections agent, confirmed on bank statement

4. Make final payment of 530.36 to OC on 02/09, confirmed on bank statement

5. Account default amount settled in full £680.00, 02/09

5. Experian shows account entry as only satisfied and separate unpaided CCJ for this account.

I am correct on thinking the CCJ entry should be removed and the OC marker should show settled

Regards in advance

Hi

Payment was made to the oc directly as part of a negotiation of the default amount there was no mention of a ccj and they marked CF as settled. So I contact the OC to conifrm in writting the account has been settled and produce this letter to the courts.

Yeh, it will cost you £15 I think/

Whatever I post is my opinion and should be taken as such, an opinion. While it is what I believe and is offered in good faith, it should not be taken as a statement of truth

usually, a creditor should inform that a ccj has been satisfied. otherwise, can apply for certificate.

if the ccj was satisfied within 28 days then would not be registered.

Edited by Ford

Update, following further investigation on the paperwork I have,which can be supported. Also I have requested a SAR.

1. I assume the OC defaulted the account and contracted collections agent A.I.G

2. I made two payments to AIG to satisfy default amount in 06/07 2006, bank records confirm payment

3. I assume A.I.G never passed those payments to OC in 06

4. Nothing heard again

5. Experian Report default marker 04/04/07

6. CCJ registered 13/12/07

7. In April 09, discovered CCJ went for set aside because I made payment, failed unable to prove payment to AIG

8. OC made contact AFTER HEARING to offer settlement amount, I accepted and made payment asap

If you recall there were postal strikes late October 07 and my passport confirms from late Oct to early Dec 07, I was not in the country and did not get served paperwork to file defence.

Following a cellar clearout, I have discovered a box of paperwork containing the proof of payment to AIG in 06. Cheque book sleeve, rubber stamped, date,amount and sort code of AIG in 06

Do I have good grounds for set aside, reclaiming the second payment of 500.00 back and getting the SB marker off file.

you said initially that you paid the ccj amount in 09, 2 years after the ccj! so, how can the ccj be set aside on that issue? was the payment in 06 in satisfaction of the full amount owed? or just the arrears/default at the time? so, maybe there was a later default (07) that wasn't resolved? so they took it to court on that and got the ccj. which you then paid in 09 as agreed. defaults last on file for six years from the date of the actual default. the ccj would be registered, but you can apply for a cert of satisfaction. was the claim issued through northampton? if so, creditor should've informed ct that it had been satisfied. perhaps give northampton a quick call to enquire on that?

Edited by Ford

Hi Ford

I have requested a SAR to obtain file, yes the account is now satisfied from 09, so yes I can get a L of S

However,

I need to ask the question as to why AIG never passed the money or informed the OC confirming full payment, thus removing the need to default and apply for ccj or in 07

The ccj set aside hearing only failed because I could not prove payment, I now have that confirmation of payments in 06.

Once I have the SAR I will bump this post,

yes, if the full amount was paid prior then could try for the set aside again, now with proof. (they got paid twice for the same debt!?)

in the meantime then maybe don't apply for a cert of satisfaction.

Edited by Ford

if it is set aside accordingly, then as you say try and get the 'second' payment back, plus compensation for 'inconvenience'/distress/prejudice etc as a result of their ''mistake'.

Edited by Ford