Halifax CC and Albion please help!

wanda pops
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4530 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

My OH also has a credit card with Halifax which he has been struggling to meet the minimum repayments on as his working hours have been cut with the total debt being £3965 with minimum payments being £374 a month. He had a call from a company calling themselves Albion who were apparently very friendly and helpful and who offered to try to sort out a payment plan once he has given them an income/out goings expenditure form and also called a company called Pay Plan to get a reference number.

After reading other Posts about Albion I am a bit dubious about him dealing with them so wanted to ask your thoughts about this.

Should he talk to them or should he keep all contact about this debt between him and Halifax? Because our financial situation has, much the same as many other people, gone from bad to worse we will be asking them to accept a token payment and freeze all interest until our situation improves as well as reclaiming PPI from other creditors that are charging it but Albion have told him he must ring Pay Plan tomorrow and ring them back straight after to arrange this proposed payment plan.

Any advice would be so appreciated, thank you!!

Wanda x

The most important advice is DO NOT CONTACT THEM BY PHONE

OR ANSWER CALLS FROM THEM DEAL IN WRITTING ONLY>

Others will bealong to advise.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Thank you, He has already spoken on the phone to them today but won't from now on. I hope that by talking to them today has not caused any damage though..I was out at the time but as soon as he told me I said to do nothing else until I had checked with the lovely people on here!!

Ok Lets make start, have you checked his credit reference files? If

not do so tomorrow.

He is under no obligation to phone Payplan or send I&E statements,

so that can be ignored totally, only a judge can order the I&E.

Right further info needed when was the card taken out?

When was the last payment made?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Just checked the paperwork and after sending a request for his CCA in December (received by them on 19/12/2011) he got a reply enclosing a "copy of your reconstituted version of the exevuted agreement comprising both the original and current terms and conditions together with a signed statement of the account" It also said "I have requested a copy of the original signed application form from the relevant department to comply with your section 60/61 request. You will receive this shortly under separate cover".

This was the last we heard from them so have yet to receive the original signed agreement so we're not too sure when the card was taken out.

He has been making monthly payments but they have been far below the minimum monthly amount for the last 3 or 4 months.

We will check his credit reference files tomorrow and get back to you.

Thank you for your advice so far

Wanda