Lowell portfolio - served me SD - HELP!!! *** WON + FULL COSTS ***

khemist
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3765 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Foggy, make yourself a list of all the questions you want to ask so you dont forget anything. Best of luck and please do let us know the outcome.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello,

Thank you, I will let you know.

I have studied the Vexatious Litigation, and chasing the wrong person for a debt,(me) is also classed as vexatious.So thank you to the person who recently won in Court for sharing his or her ordeal.

I am scared and confident, if that makes sense.

I have my questions ready.

Thank you again for your support.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?359367-Go-Debt-Statutory-Demand&p=3922985#post3922985

khemist, if you see this, could you please pop in on the above thread and offer some advice to tanglewood - a relative with health issues has been served one of these. It might be SBd that is something we will need to look at.. but any advice through experience, would be brilliant.

:)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 5 months later...

Happy new year all!

It has been a while since I have posted, I may have posted wrong however since my questions are related - I thought maybe someone may see it.

And it should serve as notice to others of Lowells incompetence.

Its not urgent [ quite funny actually.]

Lowells have started with the letters again! wait for it.... The same account I have already dealt with above....

They are threatening a SD again???

My questions are: shall I ignore them? Let them send a new SD and go through the process again? Are they not demonstrating the utmost incompetence? is there something I should do now, like advise them or there stupidity [yeah right!] or just sit back and giggle??

Can they actually legally send another SD even after it has gone through the courts?

Any advise much appreciated.

Khemist

Are 42Man so humorous, Hello sir.

My sentiments exactly I just required advice from my Great friends here at the CAG.

This is actually my 3rd letter in the last 3 months from them, when the first came I chuckled so hard almost had a heart attack.

I diligently checked account numbers amounts etc, [already knowing the answer] I thought what a bunch of incompetent fools. surely they must be loosing money if this is how they operate.

If an SD is sent, how far through the process would I need to go to? [fully prepared to go the distance] but would I have too?

Last year this time That letter tore my life apart for almost 6 months, this year the same letter could be a new year present.

For all who read this and get these letters from these clowns [and your situation is/was the same as mine] - please read all info on here, don't panic these guys can assist.

khemist

Also, it would appear there have been some changes, you dont have to go to the court to swear the affadavit.. you just complete the paperwork and post it to the court :)

BCOBS

IF you do receive another one, then you set it aside....make sure you keep all your paperwork from the previous hearings too....

All paperwork signed sealed and delivered from previous, awaiting some some silly issue just like this!

Thanks for info I will keep you all informed.

khemist

• 2 weeks later...
Hi guys and gals, If an alleged debt is statute barred can a ccj still be issued?

What options are left for a dca?

khemist

No, the statute of limitations kicks in. The following would be a proper defence should they try to issue a claim on a SB debt.

1 The Claimant's claim was issued on (date).

2 The Claimant contends that the Claimant's claim so issued is a claim in contract and is statute barred pursuant to the provisions of section 5 of the Limitation Act 1980. If, which is denied, the claimant contends that the Defendant is in breach of the alleged contract, in excess of 6 years have elapsed since the date on which any cause of action for breach accrued for the benefit of the Claimant.

3 The Claimant's claim to be entitled to payment of £x or any other sum, or relief of any kind is denied.

I BELIEVE THAT THE CONTENTS OF THIS DEFENCE ARE TRUE.

Signed:

Once you have told the creditor/DCA that you are not paying because the account is statute barred then they should cease pursuit. Indeed if they continue, then it can only be because they wish to intimidate or harrass you into payment. This is a breach of OFT guidelines - no court would you make you pay because of the Limitation Act so what other reason would they have for continuing to harrass. Thankfully there are laws in place that prevent them from doing this and you could take out an injuction against them.

• Haha 1

BCOBS

Hi guys and gals, If an alleged debt is statute barred can a ccj still be issued?

What options are left for a dca?

khemist

Yes it can, if you fail to defend it on the basis CB has set out.

This is how many non-savvy folk get stuffed over by DCAs.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3765 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks