PCN issued by Bolton council to disabled driver

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4519 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

My Wife has been issued (on 23rd November) by Bolton Council with a PCN for parking in a standard car parking space as a disabled driver. She did not read the signs correctly and did not realise that she had to pay if she was parked in a "none disabled" space. Admittedly, there are a number of signs that have been put up around the car park, but in the car park "terms and conditions" sign, there is no mention of the condition requiring disabled drivers to pay if in a "standard" space. The disabled car parking spaces were full at the time she left the car.

I emailed the council on the 23rd November requesting a copy of all documents / photos / video footage (from body worn cameras) etc and have not received anything except an automatic acknowledgement, and a "Read Receipt" and I chased them up on 12th January as we have still not heard anything from them.

Where do we stand on this??

Is there anything we could appeal on in this situation?

Pictures of the car park, signs and a photocopy of the ticket is available on request.

Many Thanks,

Ste

MAKE SURE YOU USE RECORDED DELIVERY for all letters you send.

Make sure you tell them that you are disputing the account and keep a copy of all receipts for letters that the post office give you and keep a copy of all letters - from you to them and also from them to you.

Good Luck!

Ste

P.S. This is what I would do...... Make sure you get more advice before doing anything and check anything I say with someone more qualified in this area. This is only my opinion.

And another thing.....(in case it has any relevance)

On the PCN it states that the contravention is "Parked in a car park without clearly displaying a valid pay and display ticket or vouch or parking clock" - she had her disabled badge clearly showing together with her "time clock".

MAKE SURE YOU USE RECORDED DELIVERY for all letters you send.

Make sure you tell them that you are disputing the account and keep a copy of all receipts for letters that the post office give you and keep a copy of all letters - from you to them and also from them to you.

Good Luck!

Ste

P.S. This is what I would do...... Make sure you get more advice before doing anything and check anything I say with someone more qualified in this area. This is only my opinion.

"Parked in a car park without clearly displaying a valid pay and display ticket or vouch or parking clock" - she had her disabled badge clearly showing together with her "time clock".

But, alas, no pay and display ticket.

A nicely worded letter and apology might get them to use their discression, who knows?

If not they'll most probably re-offer the discount.

Good luck..

And another thing.....(in case it has any relevance)

On the PCN it states that the contravention is "Parked in a car park without clearly displaying a valid pay and display ticket or vouch or parking clock" - she had her disabled badge clearly showing together with her "time clock".

The fact that they indicate "parking clock" seems to indicate that BB can park for free if a clock is displayed with BB.

This type of parking policy drives me utterly mad.

I rely on being able to get a disabled space, I need the extra width, so cannot use a normal space. If the parking is free in a disabled space, paid for everywhere else, anyone with a blue badge goes for the disabled spaces, which does not normally happen, many blue badge cars use normal spaces. Invariably it is also against the rules to straddle the white lines, so I can't even make myself a wider space and pay.

The result is that I either wait for a disabled space (record in our local hospital was 90 minutes) - or I don't go to places with that policy. From my point of view, I wish they would either charge for blue badge parking, or not - a least if they charged everyone I would be able to go back to places that do that.

The fact that they indicate "parking clock" seems to indicate that BB can park for free if a clock is displayed with BB.

As ever, you can resolve the query easiest by phoning them and asking them why the PCN was issued. That will give you the info you need to write an appeal letter.

This type of parking policy drives me utterly mad.

It's for this reason when travelling with my Mother, for whom I'm the sole Blue Badge driver, that I use

yellow lines and on street bays. It's incredibily easy to plan for parking using Street View, and more often

than not we get to park metres away from where we want to be.

Planned correctly, we get 6 hours on DYL's if we can park legally close enough to a junction where we

can move the car around the corner on to a different street, and at an on street bay there is no need to

display the clock unless there are signs to indicate otherwise, as explained in your Blue Badge Booklet.

Good luck, Dave.

As ever, you can resolve the query easiest by phoning them and asking them why the PCN was issued. That will give you the info you need to write an appeal letter.

A parking clock is not the same thing as a blue badge its a clock given by some councils to allow limited free parking for local residents.

The result is that I either wait for a disabled space (record in our local hospital was 90 minutes) - or I don't go to places with that policy. From my point of view, I wish they would either charge for blue badge parking, or not - a least if they charged everyone I would be able to go back to places that do that.

Surely the parking area at the local hospital is private therefore any "tickets" issued are probably unenforceable especially if the NHS invited you there for an appointment.