Changes at HFO / Turnbull Rutherford – Quarterdeck Law Ltd

DonkeyB
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4231 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Some points of fun.

In their 2007 accounts, £400,000 was paid out to the directors of HFO (UK) Holdings.

The 2008 accounts showed that HFO (UK) Holdings owned 100% of HFO Services Ltd.

And we believe that HFO Services has effectively been shut down as an operation, but it does, of course, own considerable assets in assigned accounts. Wonder what’s happened to those assets?

Those same accounts stated that the parent company of HFO (UK) Holdings was HFO Capital Ltd (Ireland) and that the ultimate parent was Concilian Group in Malta.

I am on the hunt... for smells.

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Those 2007 accounts stated that HFO Services’ costs were recharged to HFO (UK) Holdings. But that does not mean the employees work for Holdings, as now seems to be the case. Just digging out the later accounts...

The 2010 accounts show that HFO Services Ltd remained a fully owned subsidiary. But the HFOS accounts show its net worth at a few tens of thousands. Moving money around – this is why ruthless investors like Badri Nathan and his henchmen run groups of companies, where the transparency for proper group accounts disappears as soon as you reach Concilian – but, sadly, there’s nothing illegal about it.

So, what will happen to HFO Services Ltd now?

It is a separate legal entity, but is an asset of HFO (UK) Holdings, and so its value must be liquidated.

Now, I’m not in any way suggesting this is a true scenario, but I do hope the liquidators are fully aware of the level of assets that HFO Services Ltd actually owns, ie. all that 12% and 17% interest that has been accumulating must be recorded somewhere, I hope... and there were an AWFUL lot of accounts transferred from HFO Capital Cayman to HFO Services. I can think of £100k worth through Caggers I know off the top of my head.

I would hate to see a situation where HFO Services is sold off for a nominal sum... hope there aren’t any pre-packs in place...

Has anyone told the OFT yet?

HFO Holdings – going. HFO Services – hopefully going too.

HFO Capital Ireland – hopefully on the way out.

Yet after years of trying to close these sods down, it all feels a bit damp-squibbish... yeehah.

Which is why it was a scandal for HFO to be telling people in 2011 for the first time that their accounts had been assigned...

There in lies my confusion.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

So, what will happen to HFO Services Ltd now?

It is a separate legal entity, but is an asset of HFO (UK) Holdings, and so its value must be liquidated.

Now, I’m not in any way suggesting this is a true scenario, but I do hope the liquidators are fully aware of the level of assets that HFO Services Ltd actually owns, ie. all that 12% and 17% interest that has been accumulating must be recorded somewhere, I hope... and there were an AWFUL lot of accounts transferred from HFO Capital Cayman to HFO Services. I can think of £100k worth through Caggers I know off the top of my head.

I would hate to see a situation where HFO Services is sold off for a nominal sum... hope there aren’t any pre-packs in place...

Has anyone told the OFT yet?

According to CP2 all accounts were sold to Services, thats if you believe what they put in writing........

US President Barack Obama referred to Ugland House as the biggest building in the world or the biggest tax SCA* in the world.

Which company? Read the whole thread and all should be clear!

What I mean is, is HFO 'the business' gone dow nthe pan or are they just re-jigging their corporate structure? The latter is all too common - especially amongst questionnable businesses! But obviously it means they will still be trading, just under a different Ltd company.

HFO Services and HFO Capital do indeed continue.

HFO Capital Ltd, Ireland, is the parent company of HFO (UK) Holdings Ltd and Roxburghe. Both are trading normally, I would expect (except that HFO Services now appears to be all but a shell, with account management transferred to Roxburghe).

In turn, HFO (UK) Holdings Ltd owns 100% of HFO Services Ltd. So HFO Services Ltd is an asset of the company in liquidation. Its stated value of £2 is the share capital, a technicality.

Therefore the liquidators’s duty is to realise as much as possible from the disposal of HFO Services Ltd.

This is where things are odd. As HFO Services is a separate legal entity with published accounts, I do not understand why Badri Nathan could not put a value on it. I do not believe a person like him would not know the exact value of his investments at the end of every day or the end of every week.

Let’s hope that HFO Services and its assets – which means a lot of Caggers’ accounts – is disposed of properly, and that there is no convenient ‘pre pack’ arrangement in place.

A pre-pack is where a company goes into liquidation with the intent of setting up a company to buy the assets of the liquidating company and then continue the same business, with the assets usually at a knock-down price, but where the new organisation is debt free. It is legal but smells. Here’s an example in the news:

http://www.business-sale.com/news/article/bonmarche-snapped-up-in-a-prepack-administration-35806.html

And here’s the Government response to such deals:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/consumertips/tax/9067416/Taxman-to-target-firms-who-avoid-debts-using-pre-pack-administrations.html

Of course, I’m not suggesting this is happening, but such deals tend to occur when the liquidation is voluntary.