Faulty goods bought from online retailer.

tony12uk
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4543 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

This is my first post so I hope its in the right place and really hope someone can help!

I bought a paid of trainers from getthelabel.com and I have had them for approximately 2 months. Both trainers have developed a split on the underside of the sole and leak water everytime it rains. I sent them an email claiming for a replacement under the sales of goods act as I would have expected them to last more than 2 months. They sent me the below email which I am not happy about. They are asking me to send them back to inspect at my own cost and will only refund that if they agree its a manufacturing fault and they are also the only paid of trainers I have so if I do send them back I will have nothing. I think I am being really inconvenienced by this and am looking for suggestions.

Good Afternoon Anthony,

I am sorry to hear that you are unhappy with your items. Without looking at the items we would be unable to say if the items are faulty or if they have general wear and tear.

My best advice would be to send the item back to us. If it is deemed to be a manufacturer fault then you will be refunded the returns postage cost and will be replaced or refunded in accordance to your instructions on the returns slip.

If the item is found not have a manufacturer fault then we will return the item to you.

If you need any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me further.

Best Regards

Ashley

Thank you everyone

Tony

Thats a perfectly acceptable reply, in the eyes of the SOGA, and in all honesty, morally.

You need to allow the retailer the opportunity to inspect the goods sold, and allow the manufacturer the same opportunity for the reseller, to confirm faulty product, otherwise, they are just taking your word for it, which would be a wonderful thing if we worked to the honours system, but we dont, and cant.

Return of goods at your own expense is reasonable.

Loan of replacement equipment - Not a chance. At the very least, it's hygene issue....

Sorry, but you arent going to get very far with this.