Spam Email sent to my consumeractiongroup.co.uk address

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4533 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all

Has the list of consumeractiongroup.co.uk email addresses for members ever been provided to 3rd parties or been compromised in someway ?

As an example on 3 January 2012, I received an email from prime winners with the title '300% Bonus on your first deposit.'

This email was also sent to 9 others all with consumeractiongroup.co.uk email addresses including sales, donations, bankfodder, alan and sequenci.

My consumeractiongroup.co.uk emal address is not my cag username - tbern123 but my actual real name. So I am unsure of how it was obtained by a third party. Also I am used to receiving spam to other addresses but usually they are sent on mass in alphabetical order to a list of receiptants.

I also received a similar email from prime winners of 1 January to the same list of people of peoples excludings donations and sales @ consumeractiongroup.co.uk

It is not a major deal, as spam is the curse of the internet and I now have the sender emai addresses directed to my spam folder... Just curious how they obtained my email address and the random order of names the emails were sent to..

Edited by tbern123

Remember if you find anything I say helpful, please click the scales

tbern123 vs Cabot

1. Cabot again !!! Urgent Help Needed
  2. Litigation - tbern123 V Cabot Financial (Uk) Limited
  3. No more calls from Cabot... lol

No - we never sell, give or in any other way disclose email addresses.

We get heaps and I get heaps as well.

I'll flag this up to the webmaster who may have additional comments to make

Thank you

It's nothing really.. Just seemed seemed strange the list of people they were sent too, weren't in alphabetical order or anything, it was sent to you and also alan...

Goes straight to my spam box now, so nothing to worry about

Remember if you find anything I say helpful, please click the scales

tbern123 vs Cabot

1. Cabot again !!! Urgent Help Needed
  2. Litigation - tbern123 V Cabot Financial (Uk) Limited
  3. No more calls from Cabot... lol

Just to reiterate what BF said: definitely never sold or disclosed to third parties, and it does seem unlikely that someone would have guessed your username. Probably the most likely way your address has leaked out is from someone else's address book - you send someone an email, and end up being added to their address book. Then they get a virus that steals the addresses from their address book.