Lowell Portfolio / Red Debt Collection / Hamptons Legal and now Buchanan Clark & Wells

19ninety
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4558 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

after getting a couple of letters from Lowell

I did a little digging and found I owed some money from years ago for a car insurance policy, less than £150.

Not sure why it was not paid, its that long ago.

I duly ignored all the letters from Lowells and settled the debt online with the original creditor.

They promptly refunded the full amount and sent me a letter saying to deal with Lowell as they have bought the debt.

I owe the original creditors the money and dont see that I should pay the full outstanding amount (or even close to it)

when they "bought" my debt and not with my consent, and not when the original creditor had never pursued me for the outstanding balance.

So I continued to ignore their letters, Lowells letters turned to Hamptons and Red Debt in turn over the months.

Everything went quiet for a few months and today I have a letter from Buchanan's.

I plan to continue to ignore their letters base on my previous comment regarding the sale of my debt.

Anyone else have any experience with this kind of situation and any ideas of the outcome if I continue to ignore the letters?

Hi and welcome to CAG

Just how long ago was this debt incurred?

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

check your cra file.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks for the welcome.

Debt created Oct 2004 and last payment was in 2006 looking at things.

I have access still to the original creditor’s online account management.

I had previously emailed them requesting a breakdown and explanation of the claimed money owed and also of the abbreviations they used next to numerous transactions on the account

- not clear if they are credits or charges etc - so I could calculate if the money owed to them was for the my contracted debt with them or partly for incurred charges.

Then I thought what the hell, its not £1000's so I'll just pay them so sent an online paayment.

Thats when I got a letter from them saying my debt had been sold and any further communication and payments are to be made with Lowell

and a copy of the standard Lowell blue guff letter was enclosed.

I'm wondering if their unwillingness to supply me with the breakdown of my account means the amount owed is for charges (or mostly)

rather than the original debt and that could be why the collectors who bought my debt are only able to send moody letters and nothing more ....

surely if this was an enforceable debt Lowells would have started legal action rather than passing my details around various collection companies...?

By cra do you mean Experian and so on?

yes CRA file

see my sig

if you have a card debit or credit

you can do it now for free

just cancel within 30 days

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Ah, I have CreditExpert and Equifax (via credit card). Neither show anything for an outstanding debt to the original creditor or any late payments etc.. Everything is in the green now.

Lowell searched my file last year nine times, once a month, then stopped.

To clarify the debt is with with Creation Consumer Finance (or was until sold) and is in the name of "Key Insurance Services", interestingly they now appear to have removed the online version of my credit agreement!

Edited by 19ninety

so is the debt on your cra file?

and all your addresses linked ok?

dx

and they

No there is no debt listed for them on my credit file, not outstanding , settled or defaulted. My linked addresses must be fine as I have paid off other debts from around that time which show up as settled on both credit reports. Every address I have lived at is listed multiple times too.

time to ignore them then.

no debt exists it SB'ed

dx

and they