2nd hand Jag - Engine died under warranty

FNG
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4552 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, Part exchanged a vehicle for a 3.0 V6 Sport pac X-type jag. Huge knocking noise from engine after a months ownership. Still under 3 month warranty, thank God! Got lifted by AA to garage that I had car from. Owner very, very good. Met me and took vehicle, no questions asked and gave me a courtesy vehicle. That was on the 12th November. Everytime I phone I get different reasons/excuses why the engine has not been fitted yet. Was supposed to pick up today (latest info) phoned to confirm this morning, car will not be ready until Wednesday. What can I do? (Still have courtesy car).

I do agree, to a certain extent. But thought that a month to source and replace an engine was a bit much. Especially when they tell me that this is the second engine they have sourced as the fitter thought that the first one had too high a mileage on it? Could I use the time taken to barter a better warranty deal. I only use the vehicle at weekends as I work in Central London and cycle in and out, so have not been pressurising the garage too much. On average I have called them once a week.

So far, the dealer seems to have been straight up with you. Of course it's frustrating waiting for the repair on the car you've just purchased and I know if I was in your shoes I would be bouncing of the walls with impatience. I would for the moment give them the benefit of the doubt and just hope that they are taking their time doing a thorough repair.

Well, Kurvaface, seems patience is the key! Just had the Garage on the phone. They are test driving the car today. Have also fitted new clutch at no prompting from me. Will clean and polish all ready for pick up when I want! Excellent! Thank you for your words of wisdom.