Credit card debt and constant phone calls at work..HELP!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4366 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi w p

All debts have to be included; hence the requirement to evidence via CRFs. You are making a legal statement to the Insolvency Service. I have seen problems where unscrupulous DCAs (no, never, where :-)) have bumped up charges so that a person is above the 15k limit. Reclaim everything first if you are near the limit.

God bless

x

v

• 2 months later...

Hi all,

Sorry for going quiet for a while..things have been getting a bit much to cope with but we have been to CAB for advice and had a few appointments with a lovely man who really took the time to listen to us and explain all the options and how things work...for anyone needing one to one advice I couldn't recommend CAB enough!!..After discussing things with the CAB I saw my OH smile a real smile for the first time in ages!

Anyway after exploring all the options available he said that bankruptcy is really the only way we're going to be able to get out of this mess. The only problem with that is the £700 fee so I asked if reclaiming mis-sold PPI would be a good idea to raise funds to pay for it which he said would be a very god idea.

I do have a question (which I didn't think of asking at the time!) which I hope you can help with...

Because my OH is only making token payments of £2.00 a month to each of his creditors would they be able to keep whatever the claim is worth to reduce the debts?

I have just written the SAR letters which will be posted tomorrow before starting the claims and one of them is for a Barclay loan that has already been paid off in full so I assume that cannot be touched but one his creditors is Barclaycard so maybe not?

The other two are for Virgin CC and MBNA CC - the Virgin card was taken out online before they stopped using boxes that had to be un-ticked for PPI and the CCA from MBNA (also applied for online) shows the box for PPI was not ticked but they have still been charging for PPI. As for the Barclay loan, he was told he would not get it if he did not agree to having PPI on it so I think he has valid reasons on each for re-claiming!

We really need to sort this out asap before it takes any more of a toll on our lives as stress levels, especially at each knock on the door and letter dropping through the letter box, are rising and at times causing stupid arguments over nothing when we should be standing together!

We dont mind some of the money (if the claims are successful!) going towards the debts but do you think it is possible to reclaim without creditors taking the lot as this is the only way we can afford to raise the fees?

thank you all for previous help and in advance of any advice you may be able to give

Wando Pondo Pops xx

start a thread for each one one the sa suff rolls in

in the meantime

keep upi the £2

they can ONLY offset against NOTIFIED arrears.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

in a letter called 'notice of sum of arrears'

they should send.

just remember credit card reclaims typically come off the balance anyhow.

but loan reclaims go to YOUR pocket unless you have been notified by eter.

just let things run for now.

them we'll deal as the SAR's roll in.

in the meantme

READ and read some more

see my links below.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...