Council Parking Debt: Pay Baliffs or let them Auction car ?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4572 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Due to extreme laziiness and mislaid letters I have managed to have my car seized from my drive for non-payment of a parking ticket. I was away at the time and only discovered 5 days later.

Basically the debt is approx £550 (plus whatever gets added on by the car storage co.) and baliffs have threatened to auction my car. They do not have my keys or V5.

My car looks more valuable than it is to a baliff, but I would assume at a car auction it may not raise that much. They even suggested on the phone that if I gave them the keys and V5 it would help raise the value.

Anyway, simple question:

Do I pay and move on (assuming extra charges) or if I let them sell at auction will I be clear on any debt with them ?

Thanks

Grazbo

Whatever the final fee is after the bailiff add their fees, then the storage, then the auction fee's and commission any shortfall will have to be made up by you. If you owe them £550 now and paid you could get your car back!

If the added fees and commission come to £1000 and they sell the car for £500 then you would still owe them £500, plus any other fees they add collecting that!

Plus the first moneys that come out of the auction money is the bailiffs fees, if there is anything left it goes to the debt. [EDIT]

Edited by dx100uk
please do not advertise extenal sites - read the rules - dx

you might find it better to post in this forum:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?168-Bailiffs-and-High-Court-Enforcement-Officers

dx

thread closed

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4572 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks